Thread: brand new

Thanks

Default brand new

:?:

Hi all,

My mom has recently been diagnosed with lupus and I'm feeling very much at a loss. My mother has a few other conditions, and as she's been diagnosed I've looked for resources on what it is and how maybe I can help. If at all possible. Here we are with lupus and I find myself getting very little 'real' information. So I'm here asking for your help. Are there any good reference websites, books etc... that you have found helped you out along the way?

I want to be able to help my mom as best as I can. I don't live close by and I can't run over to help easily, but maybe I can do something else.

Thanks a bunch in advance for taking the time to read this.

take care,
    Sheri

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sheri;
    Of course, I would recommend our website: "WeHaveLupus.com" for support, information, comfort and answers. Also, try the Lupus Foundation of America, they are a wealth of information: www.lupus.org
    Here are some excellent books that I've read and would recommend:
    *The Lupus Book: A Guide for Patients and Their Families by Daniel J. Wallace
    * Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: A Companion to Rheumatology
    by: George C. Tsokos, Caroline Gordon, Josef S. Smolen
    *Lupus Handbook for Women: Up-to-Date Information on Understanding and Managing the Disease Which Affects
    by: Robin Dibner
    *Positive Options for Living with Lupus: Self-Help and Treatment (Positive Options)
    by: Philippa Pigache
    *Taking Charge of Lupus:: How to Manage the Disease and Make the Most of Your LIfe
    by: Maureen Pratt, David Hallegua

I hope that this is helpful...let me know if you need more information!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

thank you very much Saysusie.

I really appreciate your references. I'm going to look into some of those books.

Thanks again,
    SHeri

Thanks

Hi fergusblue.

My mom also has Lupus. This site is a great place to find information and resources.

Also if there is a Lupus Foundation Chapter in your area, they have lots of great info. The Lupus Foundation of America listed above has an area where you can find a chapter in your area and they have lots of information printed out that you and your mom can look at and read together.

Also, never underestimate the human experience. Everyone is different and sometimes just asking a question to a person will give you added insight to the medical mumbo jumbo of a book.

My mom was diagnosed when I was about 5 years old.