Thread: Grammy - new member

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Grammy - new member

Hi from sunny Florida - I just moved from Penna. 2 months ago; and judging by the snowstorm over weekend, glad I moved. I have a daughter here but mostly I moved because I have had Lupus for 13 years and did not do well in the cold weather up north; I wanted to see if I will do better in South. I have never been in a group like this, but I'm really happy to meet others with the same problems of autoimmune disease. I believe no one really understands unless they have experienced this. And I'm looking forward to talking with you all. I will try to catch on quickly here, but computers do not appear to be my forte'. Something about an old dog and new tricks...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Grammy;
    Welcome to our forum. I hope that you do find this a place where you can talk about anything, ask about anything and get support for everything!! :lol:
    I am originally from PA (Pittsburgh). I left at a very young age though. I do not remember much! Most of my maternal family is still in PA. I miss the snow, but I am sure that I miss only my childhood memories of snow. With Lupus, I know that I would not enjoy it very much any more.
    I hope that Florida proves to be much better for your health! I am sure that the warmth will help a lot of your aches and pains. Just be very careful about how much you are exposed to the sun.
    Once again, welcome to our Forum
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default welcome

Hey Grammy welcome. I am too living in a warmer climate which helps my lupus. We moved from freezing cold Britain to the sunny shores of Australia and I must say I'm a lot better.

You will find a lot of kind sincere people here who give heaps of support, so keep posting .

Look forward to seeing you around. Take care Grammy and christmas blessings from our family to yours.

Jack.