Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive yawning?

Thanks

Default Excessive yawning?

A couple of times recently I've experienced bouts of yawning--very deep yawns about every 30 seconds for half an hour. Anyone else have this? I mean, I know I'm tired all the time, but this yawning is ridiculous.

Thanks

Suzanne,
    Yep, I get the yawns too. I don't have any ideas for a fix though. Sometimes I use my albuterol inhaler if I am short of breath too, but mostly I just yawn like crazy for a while.

Thanks

I only yawn when Katie Couric's on. LOL.

Thanks

Default yawny

I know you posted this in february, but I have been yawning non-stop for three days. It is ridiculous. i have to laugh at it, but this is a very odd experience...so i'm glad to hear I'm not the only one

Thanks

I yawn a lot too but I think it is because I have a 1 year old and don't get much sleep! I drink my cuppa pretty often but that still doesn't "perk" me up a bit.

Thanks

I"m a yawner, too. I can't sing a chorus without yawning, or even have a deep dialogue... Like my brain can't get enough oxygen or something. It's been like that since I was a teenager. (And I'm 39 now...)

:sleeping:

--Kristin

Thanks

I am a definite yawner too, I thought it was just me! I have no idea what is causing it, but I have what I call my "yawning hour"once a day where no matter what I do I am exhausted and yawning.

Thanks

Default yawning

hi

i have the yawn attackes for days. i yawn untill my ieyes water. i yawn one right after another. it also hurts my chest with pluriesy. i had a bad epoisode yesterday, if you get the least bit tired there worse

ethanandrew

Thanks

oh man! Now yoyu've got ME doing it too!!! :roll:

I find that as soon as I get in the car after work, and head towards home, I'm guaranteed about 3 yawns.

Other times it just sort of....keeps going. Sometimes I can stop the cycle by some measured deep breathing. 5-6 seconds in, hold a second, then the same out - various yoga techniques use measured breathing as part of their meditation / exercises.

OK, enough reading about ......y.a.w.n.i.n.g......

I gotta yawn.................

Thanks

I have another yawning related complaint that I was wondering if anyonelse gets. I too feel the urge to yawn a alot at times, but I often get this feeling that when I try to yawn I don't quite manage to, I don't seem to get a big enough breath in. Then I have to keep trying to yawn or attempting to get a deep breath to feel satisfied that I am breathing enough - this can last for days at a time. It is such an odd sensation and hard to describe, but it can be very frustrating when it feels like your not breathing very well. :x

There is something so satisfying about completing a yawn