Thread: I Need HELP!!!

Thanks

Default I Need HELP!!!

I was diagnosed with SLE 6 years ago. When I was diagnosed with lupus my life fell apart for a while they discovered i had lupus due to my first child being still born at 6 months i then immediatley got pregant again and that pregnancy was succesfull. during the time of pregnancy i had many difficulties and it was very hard but manageable. since then life has became more normal i have had very few flares and when they would come they would not be that bad or last very long. here recently though things have chanced dramatically. i no longer have any health insurance and cannot find anyone to insure me and i am having what i belive to be the worse flare i have ever experianced and it's beggining to scare me. i was hoping for some reassurance i geuss so maybe i can quit stressing so much. it all started again about 2 months ago i began staying very tired then i noticed it the butterfly was back. since then i have began having a very sharp headache in the back of my head just above my neck, my neck is so sore and stiff i have trouble turning from side to side, i have shortness of breath and every joint in my body aches versus just one here and there. that is not the part that really concerns me this is - i can't concentrate anymore, my memory is gone, i can't comprehend things at all, i feel a jittery nervous feeling all over, i can't sleep i keep waking up at night drinched in sweat, my brain feels like it is going to explode it feels full to the point that it can not absord one more thing. i talk in circles now i repeat things b/c i forgeti have already said them, my heart races and to be honest i feel like i have lost my mind and everyone around me thinks that i am crazy. oh and my hands, feet, and legs keep tingling, going to sleep, and becoming numb. am i insane or should i be concerned?

Thanks

Stress can do a lot weird things to a healthy person's body - including heart palps, forgetfulness, not sleeping, being tire and anxious. I'm not saying that this is what's happening but I do think (and I'm not a doctor or a professional here) that relaxation techniques could help you a lot to calm down and be able to focus on things a little bit. Try sitting in a dark quiet place (I know, that hard when you're a mom) and light a candle. No one's mind can really be completely blank, so focus on the flame in the candle. Concentrate on the colors and breathing. It's hard at first because your mind will want to wander but it does help to reduce stress and some of the side effects.

As for insurance, it can be a struggle to get but you might try for Medicaid. With Lupus, it is possible to be catagorized as disabled, but it's a fight (or it used to be) to get all of the benefits. You can also check with the rhumetologists in your area and see if any of them have programs to help people in your situation. Most of the drug companies do and will send you free or greatly reduced perscriptions - also, most rhumies have samples that could cover you for a while on your meds. I have some books for low cost/no cost drugs and insurance. I'm at work now, but when I get home, I will try to find them and give you the names and websites.

Hang in there and try to work on your stress level.