Thread: Glucosamine & Chondroitin

Thanks

Default Glucosamine & Chondroitin

Is anybody aware if Glucosamine & Chondroitin is effective for lupis joint pain?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never tried either of them and all that I could find were testaments from people who've said that they've used them and they were beneficial. I could find no clinical trials with tested results. Perhaps someone else will know more :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

It's my understanding that these are useful to help re-build damaged cartilage, so they might be helpful for someone who has osteoarthritis, or other degenerative types of arthritis. But lupus joint pain is generally caused by inflammation and rarely causes cartilage damage, so I'm not sure it would benefit you. If you are interested in natural or alternative remedies - there are things available to reduce inflammation which might help your joint pain more.

Thanks

I have heard the same thing - glucosamine is good for osteoarthritis, but not autoimmune related arthritis. I used it for my last dog in the last few years of her life, when she had osteoarthritis.
    Missy

Thanks

Thanks for your advice guys.

I was thinking along the same lines as marycain, but wanted to see if any of you had actually used it and debunked my theory.

My mum is at me all the time to use it as it works for her. Trouble is, she hasn't accepted that our joint pains may not be for the same reason!

I've had tests done on my joints and there was no inflammation what-so-ever. Tell me, do other lupis sufferers (oops, not allowed to say that!) "people" find that their joints become inflammed when painful?

My joints ache regularly but there is no sign of redness or inflammation.

Got any ideas what might help?

cheerio
    LJ

Thanks

Hi Wombat!

I often get terrible joint pain, but without redness or inflammation, myself. :? Is your E.S.R. elevated at all?

I'm sorry that I don't have any advice as to what you can take for the joint problems, but I only know of treatments for erosive Arthritis myself, as it is very common in my family.

I hope that someone else will have some good suggestions for you!

Keep well and God bless!