Thread: Update on my Mom

Thanks

Default Update on my Mom

I wanted you all to know that my Mom passed away last night. I was with her for a long time, then left to have some dinner. That's when she passed. The nurse said that she thinks sometimes the person waits until loved ones leave before they pass on - she's seen it many times. Whatever, the case, my Mom passed peacefully. She never had any pain. I know she was ready to be with my Dad and we were ready to let her go. I miss her already - not the woman she had become, but the woman I knew most of her life. We were very close, and it was hard to watch her disappear little by little. She was such a beautiful, caring lady. The staff at the nursing home just adored her...as did everyone who knew her all through her life. I'm reminded of how fortunate she was to have a long, relatively healthy life until her later years.. This really became clear when I read Marycain's post ("Prayers Needed Please" from yesterday) about the young mother who developed terminal cancer immeidately after giving birth to her first child. How sad, and how unfair, that her life would be ending just as her new child's life has begun. I am saying prayers for this family, Marycain, and ask for prayers for my family as we say goodbye to my Mom. Thank you all for your support.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Jody,
    I am sorry about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am a firm believer in the everafter, and it sounds like she 'got what was coming to her'. How romantic that she and your dad are reunited on Valentine's day (or very close). Take care of yourself during this stressful time.

Thanks

Thanks, Quarterhorsegal. My Mom and Dad really were one of the most romantic couples I've ever known...true 'lovers' right until my Dad died. It is fitting that they reunited on Valentine's Day. I expect I'll think about that each Feb. 14th, and I think it'll make me smile.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default Jody

Jody, I am so sorry for your loss - I will be thinking of you and praying for you - I know you have some difficult days ahead, but I also know you will meet them with grace and courage - you are truly your mother's daughter.

Thanks

Jody -

Thank you for sharing this difficult life experience with all of us. I wish you and your family peace.
    Missy

Thanks

It's hard to say goodbye to a loved one, but it's a feeling of peace knowing that they will no longer hurt or be sick. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jodi;
    I know that you will miss your mom, as you said, the woman who you had known most of your life. I truly believe that she was ready to be free of her earthly body which was no longer serving her, and oh so ready to spend eternity with her one true love; your Dad. In a sense, it is such a beautifully romantic story that I know will make you smile each valentines day.
    I read somewhere that heaven is right here where we are, it is just in a different space and time. The example I read said that, if you look at the blades of a fan. When they are moving slowly, you can see each blade. But, when they are moving at a higher speed, you can no longer see them. That is somewhat similar to the space/time that our loved ones occupy, what is a year to us is just a moment to them. Therefore, when people say that they are with us always, they mean that literally! Once in a while, you may catch a glimpse out of the corner of your eye! You know that you saw something there, but when you look straight towards it, you no longer see it. Sometimes you can feel your loved-one, you can feel their love for you. Hold on to that, your parents are living "LOVE" and they are so filled with love for you. That love is alive and it is with you every moment of your life!!
    I often think that, when I join my daughter, I will say to her how much I've missed her and how long it had been and she will reply, with a smile "But Mom, that was only two days ago!!"
    I am keeping you in my prayers and I wish you much Peace, Love and Strength. Remember, you have many friends here whenever you need us!!
    Peace and Blessings always
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Jody

When my mom died, one of the songs we wanted sung at her funeral was "It is Well With My Soul' - not just because it is a beautiful hymm, but because of the amazing faith that went into its writing.

Can you imagine the strength of Horatio Spafford - the man who wrote this hymm? In a few short years - he lost his young son to scarlet fever, and all his wealth and property to the Great Chicago Fire - and finally, he lost all four of his surviving children, all daughters, when the ship they were sailing on collided in the Atlantic with another ship, and 226 people were lost. I can't imagine the heartbreak he must have felt when he received a telegram from his wife with just two words - saved alone. But still when he was crossing the Atlantic to join his wife, the only person left in his family - when he was crossing the very spot where the shipwreck occurred and all his daughters were lost - he still had the faith and the belief to KNOW that someday he would be re-united with his family, and to write the words to a beautiful hymm that is still giving comfort to people more then 130 years later. When I need an extra dose of faith, I still turn to that song for comfort, and the assurance that someday our faith truly shall be sight.

Thanks

Jodi: I am sending your my heartfelt condolences regarding the passing of your dear mother. She sounds like the kind of mother everyone would want and you are truly blessed to have been gifted with her as your mother. Only her body has left this earth and her spirit and soul will be ever close to those she loves. Still, its probably hard to know you will not see her around in person. My own dear mom passed away three years ago and still I miss our conversations and gettogethers. She too was in a nursing home prior to her death and although I hated to see her fade away I loved being able to just sit with her and keep her company, hold and massage her hand, brush her hair and feed her when she was still well enough to eat. After all my mother had done for me I really loved being able to be there for her up to the end of her worldly journey. My mother like yours slipped away when I left the room to go home and grab a shower. Bless them both.

Please remember to take care of you in these days ahead.

Thanks

You are all so kind. Your remembrances, your stories and your faith are inspirational and mean more than I can ever say. My mom had a 'servant spirit' and cared for others her whole life. Whatever I was able to do to care for her these past years seemed only right. My sister and I have spent the past two days planning Mom's funeral - picking out scriptures and hymns that we knew meant a lot to her, or represented her life and her faith. It's been difficult, but in a way a real blessing. We want to make her memorial service a celebration of her life.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts. You truly are a 'family' to me and I'm so grateful for all of you.

Jody