Thread: Pregnancy and Miscarriages

Thanks

Default Pregnancy and Miscarriages

I have SLE i been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months this January i had a miscarriage has anyone gone through this before. Will i ever havea full term pregnancy
    Liz

Thanks

Hi, Liz - I am so sorry for your loss. Do you know if you have been tested for antiphospholipid antibodies? The antibodies cause your blood to clot abnormally and they can cause miscarriages in women who have them. Many women with lupus have this antibodies, so you might want to talk to your rheumatologist about being tested before you try another pregnancy. Women with antiphopholipid antibodies can have successful pregnancies but may need special monitoring and treatment to prevent clots. There are other reasons why lupus might interfere with your pregnancy - such as active inflammation or lupus kidney disease - has your doctor tested you recently to see how active your disease is?
    This must have been a hard experience - please know you have my prayers and my deepest sympathy.

Thanks

I am so sorry. I had three miscarriages before and between having my children. I understand how sad and frustrating that can be. I too felt like I wouldn't have children or then I thought I would only have my daughter.

Marycain, as always, has very good advice. I would also have them check your Vitamin b12 levels. I have now found out that I have a B12 deficiency and a problem absorbing vitamin b. My current doctors have told me that is a possible explanation for my previous miscarriages and my horrific pregnancies. This can be treated as well.

Good luck to you and don't give up.
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

Default Hi

Please make sure you are seeing a reproductive endocrinologist and not an OB/GYN. RE's are far better qualified to help those of us with difficult cases.