Thread: Low Ultra TSH - below normal body temperature

Thanks

Default Low Ultra TSH - below normal body temperature

Can a person still have Lupus with low Ultra TSH and below normal body temperature. (normal body temperature is 36.7 mine is 35.1)

I heard that many with Lupus have a temperature with Lupus. I get the rashes and other symptoms of lupus. Wondering if my thyroid problem can be keeping my temperature low. My Ultra-TSH reading was .3 normal is .4 to 5. Will thyroid problem cause Lupus symptoms. Or does people with Lupus naturally have thyroid problems?

Gerri

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hypothyroidism, or under activity of the thyroid gland, may cause a variety of symptoms. The body’s normal rate of functioning slows, causing mental and physical sluggishness.
    Yes, Lupus and Hypothyroidism share similar symptoms, therefore, it is important to determine which disease is causing the symptoms, so that appropriate treatment may begin. Hypothyroidism with an elevated TSH may also be associated with various rheumatologist problems, including symptoms of Fibromyalgia. Hyperthyroidism may be associated with excessive turnover of bone with the development of osteoporosis. Also patients with Hyperthyroidism may develop weakness in the muscles closest to the body (myopathy).
    People with SLE are usually amongst those who SHOULD have the TSH test. A low TSH level usually indicates that the thyroid gland is producing too much thyroid hormone. If TSH results come back showing lower than normal levels, you may have hyperthyroidism. It is believed that one out of every 10 Lupus patients have low thyroid, so it is not uncommon.
    Have I answered your question? Please let me know if you need anything further
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Saysusie

Thank you

You answered my question well. Each day I am showing more and more signs of Lupus.

Maybe when I finally get to see a Rheumy, I will be able to present to them my diagnoses (make their job easier.)

I know the harms of self diagnoses. What I am doing is collecting information from my past files, and present them to the Rheumy. In the back of my head I am still hoping I am very much wrong about my Lupus signs.

I was already sorta diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (ex-Rheumy - said everyone says you have lots of pain so you have Fibromyalgia). He loss my file didn't know what else to say. Found out from the x-rays I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, and cysts between my disks on my lower spine. About the same time I found out I have osteopenia (borderline osteoporosis.)

Just recently I found out that my arms are very very weak. Tested by OT for disability pension. I am also showing skin rashes. I have 7 of 11 criteria for Lupus. My ANA was negative, but I think the medication I was using with steriods in it, may have altered the reading.

See my new familly doctor on the 24th maybe I will start to get some answers.

Hugs

Gerri