Thread: My Mom

Thanks

Default My Mom

My Mom is in end stage Alzheimers and is now failing rapidly. She was always my touchstone - my rock. It's so hard to watch this, but at the same time I know she wants to go home and be with my Dad. Still, this is so hard. Please pray for her; for me and the rest of our family as we say goodbye. My baby sister will be here tomorrow; my big brother (unfortunately) is in Mexico for a month. The decisions will fall to me...
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I'm so sorry - it's hard to watch someone you love dwindling away. Those decisions are hard, but your heart will tell you what to do. Bless you - you're in my prayers.

Thanks

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I can relate to your mom being your rock, as my mom has always been mine as well as my best friend. We would go shopping, walk in different directions and wind up in the middle of the store with the same outfit. Maybe different colors, but the same out fit or shoes or whatever.

Take care of you, don't forget about how important that is as well.

Thanks

I'm so sorry, Mnjodette... :cry:

You and your family will be in my prayers. God will help you to make the right decisions.

I can understand what you are going through because my great-aunt also has Alzheimer's and is also failing rapidly. :cry: She is currently in hospital for C.O.P.D. (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and Cancer of the left kidney. She is so confused; she keeps on talking to my grandmother, her husband and to some of her sisters and brothers, who are all deceased. :cry: She is also highly agitated and will not stop fiddling with her bed linen. She was so confused that she thought that she had come to visit me in the hospital, rather than the other way around! She asked me if I was pregnant and getting married! :? :cry:

God bless...

Thanks

Just want you to know I"m thinking of you.....
    Missy

Thanks

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This is a hard time for us all and your prayers are such a help to me. God bless you all.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mnjodette;
    I know how hard this time must be for you and how difficult it will be to have to let go. As you said, she is probably ready to be home with your father. She will no longer have any pain or any tears and you will be able to see her, in your mind and in your heart, perfect, whole, happy and as alert and bright as she always was!!
    You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you, Saysusie. I'm spending all the time I can with her - I don't know if she knows I'm there. But, I talk to her and hold her hand and do what I can to make her comfortable. I've often read that even when someone is unresponsive, they DO hear you when you speak to them. I'm hoping so.