Thread: strange question about diet

Thanks

Default strange question about diet

i know it's a strange question, but i'm pretty new to lupus and i don't know how to deal with it.....i have many symptoms. now that i'm taking meds i'm a bit better with my stomach problems, abdomen pain, nausea, loss of appetite....but i still notice that all my symptoms (also headache, fever, malaise...) get worse after having a rich meal or increasing my diet. I have to becouse before the diagnosis i lost a lot of weight, but it's much harder this way.
    do you think It is possible for our crazy immune system to become more active when you introduce more "energies" ??? ever noticed something like that?
    sometimes 'm afraid i am overreacting to stupid things, at the same time i know i have been paying not attention to many symptoms which made my condition defenitely worse.

Thanks

Welcome! It may not be because of increasing your diet, it may be what is IN your diet. I know for me I have had to cut a lot of stuff out of my diet. Starting with red meat, spicy foods, tomato based foods (like spaghetti ), dairy (including ice cream and yogurt). All of those make my stomach hurt and my other symptoms flare. It really stinks to have such a limited diet at the moment but the alternative was worse. You might think about starting a journal and writing what you eat and how you feel afterward. If you notice a trend you might want to cut that product from your diet and see if you feel better. Good luck.

Thanks

TraceyDawn can you tell me about why you cut tomatoes? I too have been noticing that I feel better when I don't eat red meat, and even chicken isn't always appealing to me. I have cut much of the carbs I use to eat out totally and my sugar fix is usually alleviated with fruit now.

Tomatoes don't seem to be bothering me... what did you experience?

TIA, Barbara

Thanks

On top of the lupus I have little pinpoint ulcers all through my stomach. Anything tomato based sets me on fire. I love pizza and spaghetti, but it just is not worth it for the pain that follows. The beef gives me severe cramping and diahhrea, dairy gives me diahhrea, cramping and bloating. O and add fried foods to that list now as well. Some days it just sucks to be in my body. ops:

Thanks

TD,

I can relate to it sucking to be in your body. I feel the same sometimes. Tomatoes don't seem to bother me. But I don't get the sores, at least not yet.