Thread: Healing centers in the USA

Thanks

Default Healing centers in the USA

Hi Everyone
    I am freezing and sore here. It -17 degrees celsius in Ottawa Canada. (third week running) I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on an alternative healing / spa like place in the US (preferably south). Not likely to do it this year, but it might be something to save for. Also nice to daydream/visualize. But I have no idea where to start looking. A friend of mine thought a place called Canyon Ranch in AZ. But I think I want a place more focused on health or even autoimmune disorders - I think the ranch place is too much $$$ and too shi-shi.
    I am not thinking this kind of thing cures....just looking for a little warmth and calming perhaps of the lupus and a place to reflect a bit.
    any ideas anyone?
    thanks
    Karen

Thanks

You might check out the Bridge Recovery Center in Utah, gorgeous surroundings and a heath-oriented program. It might be longer than you had in mind - I think it's a three week program, but it does incorporate a holistic program. And they might offer shorter programs too, Although Canyon Ranch advertises itself as a wellness program (and there are locations in New England and other areas besides Arizona, it's a chain), I've known a couple of women who went there - I got the impression it was more a haven for bored rich people than a healing program. That's just my personal feeling - it might be a very worthwhile program, but most of the literature I've seen about it didn't appeal to me.

Is there a particular area of the South you are interested in coming to? I'm in Kentucky but have lived in several other Southern states, Littlered is from Texas, Psalm is from Virginia, and I think we have several people from Florida. So if there was a particular area, we could probably help you locate what's available.

Thanks

Thanks Marycain
    Thats exactly the feeling I got about the ranch place.....I will check out the Utah recovery centre. It sounds more like what I am looking for. I don't have a particular spot inthe US in mind. Although Florida is familiar and pretty easy to get to from here. It would just be great to have a break from the freezing cold. Its getting harder and harder to deal with. I hope things are going well for you - I haven't been on the forum too much lately so am not too up to date with things.
    thanks again for responding,
    Karen