Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organic Food

Thanks

Default Organic Food

Hi people!!! :lol:
    Are any of you on organic diet? I heard it is beneficial for our illness and such :?: If so, what do you usually include in your diet?

Cheers~
    Juke of the box

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jukebox;
    I guess no one is on an organic diet :?
    Tell me about it...are you on it? If so, what types of foods are you finding that help your Lupus symptoms!

Saysusie

Thanks

I have tried organic food. I found that the availability and price were two things that I could not deal with at this point. This past year I have been off work 6 months so far and had to cut back to part time. It did help when I was on it. Soy helped with hot flashes and the lack of chemicals did help my sed rate and c rates drop. I have found two things that help that are less espensive. My tooth brush now sits in listerine to help kill germs since I started this the mouth sores are gone. Also there is a lotion by Mary Kay it cleares and helps lesses the rashes. If you choose to get this any mark kay rep will know the lotion.
    Muriate

Thanks

Generally, I heard that Organic food do not include meat...but instead of buying organic food, you can use something call the ozone sterilizer which "cleanse" the food. You can use it to clean the vegetable or meat you buy...it's as good as organic and you don't have to search for them...
    Juke of the box

Thanks

Does the ozone sterilizer use radiation to clean it? The whole reason for organic it not to have the food or meat sitting in nasty things to grown into each cell. I am not sure if the sterilizer is helping. Or maybe just exposing to more chemicals or radiation.

Thanks

I eat organic because I don't want the pesticides in my food and I don't want growth hormones in my meat. There are many reasons to eat organic but most of all, the way it's grown and the lack of crap put in the animals and plants. I heard the ozone thing is more hype then good. My nutritionist told me many reasons to eat organic, whether or not you are sick. You should see what they use on these farms and what they put in the animals that you are eating. Organic is pricey, but I have found it helps me - especially symptomatically.

Good luck. Just eat healthy overall and you should be good. I saw a nutritionist and she helped but you have to make sure they understand Lupus and what not to eat like alphalpha etc...

Good luck!

Thanks

:?: Just wondering has anyone did any kind of study on what kind of diet is best for Lupus patients overall? I know some foods can have more helpful vitamins than others, but on the average these days most of the foods we eat are full of bad toxins and others bad things. If you do hear of any kind of diet study let me know please. thanks

Thanks

I hope I am allowed to do this but there is a website I have always found useful and my local Lupus Society has also checked it over. It's www.uklupus.co.uk

I live in Canada but this website has natural and medical information on Lupus that I have found helpful and I know they have nutritional facts on there that were well researched. Good luck

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi JenHa55;
    No problem about posting web sites here. There is a forum on this site specifically for web sites though. Perhaps you can post it there also. :lol:

Thanx
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you and I will post it on the other forum. It's a great site.

Thanks!
    Jen