Thread: after a month on methotrexate injections

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default after a month on methotrexate injections

of 7.5 mg. I can report that I have had a couple good days. The rest were either downright icky, or just my normal, washed out, exhausted feeling.

I'll continue on the shots, though. At this low dose it will take a while for anything to happen--good or bad And that was the plan

Thanks

I have been on methotraxate (7.5 mg pills) for two months and at first I didn't feel any better and maybe worse but after the 5th week I started to feel better. I have resolved myself to know that I am not going to feel as good as I used to before all of this started but I am definitely feeling better. The only problem I find is that the day before I am going to take the pill, I don't feel as good as I did the rest of the week, as if it were "wearing off". I am hoping that as time passes that will pass also. :?

Thanks

Default Hi

I notice that wearing off effect too.... I'm on pills.

Thanks

I'm taking the pills...up to 10 mg. now. The first few days are awful, nausea and shakes, but after about the third or fourth day I feel overall ok. THEN the doc ups my dosage, which my body must again get used to. I wonder how long I will have to take this stuff.

Thanks

Littlered.. I use to get the shakes so badly with the mtx pills along with nausea, a bad headache and fatigue for 3 days. Since I switched to the injections I no longer have those side effects. The pills were very hard on me. I was up to 8 2.5mg pills a week at one time. With the injections I only take .06cc's which I believe is the equivelent of 6 pills. They are the way to go as far as I'm concerned... and they don't hurt. Maybe you should talk to your doc, you don't need to be suffering 3 to 4 days out of the week from side effects. I know what that is like. Take care.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

I inject too...much better then the pills. I am not as nuasiated (sp?). My brain still does not work, but most of my family says it never did. :lol:

I need to go up on my injects because I am still having a lot of pain. I am on 60 units...not sure how many pills that would equate to.

Tanya