Thread: bumps?

Thanks

Default bumps?

hi everyone,
    i have a question for all of you...i've been diagonosed with lupus for almost 2 years now...however, in the last few months, i noticed a new symptom (or maybe it's not)...i get these bumps on my fingers and toes... one or two on each hand and foot...it's like a bug bite kind of bump! it gets itchy every now and then...and after a couple weeks or so, the swelling will go down and it will look like a patch of dry, dead skin!! does anyone get that too?? and i live in fargo, and it gets so cold that my skin is extremely dry so my fingers crack all the time...does that have anything to do with it?? i am very puzzled by this so i thought maybe you guys can share some input on it...i'm gonna ask my doctor about it when i see him in march! thank you all and have a great day!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

I have had nodules... very similar to what you describe. But now in the same spots I have calcium deposits. This seems MORE like what you've described. Not a whole lot you can do about them I've been told. Hope I helped. Let us know what the doctor says.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

I don't get the nodules, but I sure suffer from the dry, cracked and bleeding fingers. (I live in No. Minnesota.) I've had that problem for a long time. Docs are conflicted on the cause of that - one says Sjogren's; one says Raynauds. Either way, it sure hurts! I try anything I can to keep my hands moist and soft, but the fingertips still crack sometimes. I use superglue to keep the cracks from getting worse. My fire-fighter brother told me to do that. He said everyone in the fire hall has used that trick for years.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default thank you

yeah, i haven't been diagnosed with sjogrens or raynauds...is this dry skin a sign that i might have those?? and superglue to keep them from cracking huh?? i will have to give that a try...will it hurt? thanks for your reply...and yeah, i'll ask the doctor about the possibility of sjogrens and raynauds and will keep you all posted! thanks a bunch for the input!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

Surprisingly, the glue doesn't hurt at all. It works best if you use it at the very first 'tingle' or sign that the skin is cracking. It gets a little ugly after it's been on there a while - not exactly a beauty treatment! But it prevents those painful splits that can really hurt and get infected.

The dry skin on your fingers could be something dermatological too, I'm sure. Sjogren's or Raynauds could be a cause, but I wouldn't assume that. Do you have other dryness issues? Eyes, mouth, etc? Worth mentioning to your doctor.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I have Sjogrens too and my fingertips crack. I've been putting liquid bandage on them but it doesn't last very long. It is so painful when it happens so I'm definitely going to try the superglue. I live around Houston so when it gets below 60, I think I'm freezing. I guess you have flares with Sjogrens like lupus. When my fingers start cracking, the sides of my mouth do too. My tongue cracks and my eyes feel like sandpaper. I didn't realize that my tongue cracking was from Sjogrens till I read a post on here a couple of days ago. This website has been so helpful to me. Thanks for the great info. Have a great day !

Thanks

If you can find it at your drugstore the Zims crack creme is really good to put on your hands in winter - reduces the cracking and blistering and heals up the existing places. The Burt's Bees line has a hand salve that works well too, and it's available in a lot of drugstores. My absolute favorite to keep my hands protected in winter is the Camille Beckman glycerine hand therapy, but it's pricy and harder to find. DH does a lot of outdoor things in winter, unlike me, and he swears by the original vermont bag balm to keep his hands from cracking.