Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trazadone Not Working - Now What?

Thanks

Trazodone gave me the spins - it was bad. I hated it. I take Imovane - not sure if they have in US. Its pretty good, no real hangover but I can't sleep without now which I hate....

Thanks

Wow, I am glad it is not just ME that gets wierd dreams from Trazodone. Mine aren't really "nightmares", thank goodness, but are always very, very vivid. They are so real, it takes time for me to wake up and realize that it was just a dream. I don't mind the dreams, as that means I am getting deep sleep (something almost nothing else gave me.)
    But--
    You can develop a tolerance to the trazodone. I started on 150 mg at bedtime, and now take 300 mg. My doctor told me that it's important to take it 20-30 minutes before bedtime and then GO TO BED. There's some kind of "time window" involved. If you stay up too long after taking it, it can backfire and actually keep you up. (I had this happen a couple of times.)
    My nightly ritual: I run the water for a bath. I take my nighttime meds. Then, I rub a good cold cream into my face.
    I take a warm bath, thoroughly washing off the cold cream, put on my pj's, brush my teeth and apply night moisturizer (eye cream, etc.) I turn on my nigt sounds machine (I like the rainfall one.) By this time, I am sleepy and I go to bed. Works every time. I keep a dream journal, and I do find some insightful things from these dreams.
    I hope you do find a good way to get some great rest. We need it to stay healthy and sane. Love, Kathy

Thanks

I still have my prescription for trazadone, but I'm using Ambien again instead. It works for me (when I need it). Fortunately, I'm sleeping a bit better on my own (without help) now, and only need to take something to sleep once or maybe twice a week. I'd really rather not take anything if I can help it. Speaking of weird dreams, I've never had dreams more weird and vivid than those I had when I first went on prednisone...they were really bizarre!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."