Thread: Lupus and fatique

Thanks

Default Lupus and fatique

Hello Everyone

I'm a little new so bear with me.
    I have been experiencing rash blotches on my legs.
    It resembles old age spots
    My dermalogist says it is from all the medication and no medication will help, only time.

I have also noticed that I have been sleeping later each day.
    I will not complain about it though, it has been times i cannot go to sleep at all.
    I would like to know in all if anyone out here is also battling diabetes and on prednisone? I would welcome to share my experiences. Please feel free to to discuss any concerns u may have about Lupus, Diabetes, Fibromyalia, Obesity and ...
    I enjoy people. So lets get to talking...

Pam
    Believe in possibilities.....

Thanks

Hi Pam,

I have high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, a mass on the brain, raynaulds, fibro, blood sugar problems goes from high to low very quickly, which is from the lupus which diabetus is a auto immune disease also. And a auto immune disease of the thyroid. And last asthma.

When it comes down to trying to find the right course of treatment with all that it gets confusing.

But I am here to tell you that it is possible to live a full life. I am unable to take prednisone with the asthma. I am on plaquinel. And so far am doing well on it.

So yes I understand where you are coming from. And I am willing to help anyway possible.
    Be good to yourself
    Muriate

Thanks

Hi Pam,

I was dx with lupus last year, I can relate to you. I stay tired and fatigued all the time. I am on Plaquenil and Prednisone. I have my good days and my bad days. Sometimes I don't even want to get out of bed. I have alot of joint pain and muscle aches. But I deal with it and try to do the best I can. I have since quit my job and have applied for Social Security. Under my Doctor's advice. Good luck with you!!

TSears

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Pam,

I'm Rob. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and MS in 2008. I have had serious problems with insomnia on prednisone oral, and even more problems when I had IV methylpred treatment. If you can get some good sleep, take it and don't look back! I don't have the red patches on my legs. I get terrible dark red areas on my ankles and the skin is like leather. I use cortisone cream on the affected skin and it helps. You may want to ask your Dr./Rheumo if there is a topical cream you could use. Diabetes, fibromyalgia, and obesity are three things I have no experience with, but I know we have some other members here who deal with those issues, and I'm sure they will be along before too long to talk. People here are really good about responding to questions. Anyway, I just want to say welcome to our group!

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Pam;

I see that you've already met some of our members and have been given good information. I just wanted to add my welcome to the mix and to let you know that there will always be someone here to chat with you.
    You've gotten some good advice about the rash on your leg. Let us know if you need anything further.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!