Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm Bonnie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Littlered... How funny!! Those are my exact sentiments about Paltrow. I, too, have always loved Blythe Danner. But Gwyneth is so boring to me!!

Saysusie

Thanks

I agree, I thought the whole G. Paltrow thing was enough to put me off the whole deal. The looking at the whole picture thing medically really interests me too though. I loved my biopsychosocial psych class in college so much. It made so much sense.

When I made my apntmnt. they asked me to make sure I had an hour and a half to spend with the doctor, wow that's a change! my doc can barely spend 5 min. in a room with me. He's the best there is but he is just overwhelmed. My apntmnt isn't until next thursday and I will absolutly let you know how it goes.

If your really curious they have a website (it's a whole intergrative team of doctors and therapists+ accupuncture and massage) www.akashacenter.com

I am seeing Dr. Edison De Mello, fun name huh. As far as I know you need a referal to see them but if you are interested it's worth trying to get in. Of course the insurance system seems very put off by this kind of medicine so you have to pay out of pocket. Glad you don't think it sounds totally hokey.

Thanks

Default hello

Hello from a newbie!
    Hi out there. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. Iíve been searching the web for info about lupus and found this board. Iíve never thought about joining a board before, but after reading through some posts, Iím happy I did. I just want to say thanks to everyone for the support you offer here

Thanks

Hi Bonnie and Justdafacts25!

Welcome to the Forum!

Just remember that anytime you need to vent, seek information or just chat, we're here for you!

Keep well!

Thanks

Default thanks

Thanks for the Support.
    I just joined this board and have been reading through a bunch of posts. I wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate all the support you give one another. I think it will be really helpful for me to read what other people are going through. So, thanks!

Thanks

Default hey

hey bonnie & ilove history

Found an interesting film today
    While procrastinating at work, I was looking for info, support about lupus. I came across this interesting video on a site called realhealth.tv that I thought was really helpful, so I wanted to share it with you all http://www.realhealth.tv/site.html?goto=31&vid=34&vo=0. It was nice watching someone talk about what they are going through and how they get through it. Hope you like it!

Thanks

Hi Justdafacts25!

Thanks SO much for the post! I'm going to check it out right now!

Keep well!

Thanks

Default Hello from Texas

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie.....just found this site and I am glad I did.....I have a question...How long did it take you all to find the right doctor??? I have had lupus symptoms since I was a child (newly put 2+2 together) leg pain, headaches (some severe) list goes on and diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus about 10 years ago....and within the 4 years have noticed that my symptoms seem to get worse....now my ANA's are up and coagulants are high (35). I have every symptom of SLE.....my rheumotogist (sorry for spelling) said I have to have all the positives on the blood work to be diagnosed with Lupus.....even though I had 4 out the 8 test done and all of the Physical symptoms.......Need sugestions....Frustrated in Texas can you all help me???

Thanks

Unfortunately, there are many diseases that can mimic the symptoms of lupus, so it can be very difficult to diagnose. One famous study found that on average it took patients seven years and four different doctors to get an accurate diagnosis. Although ANA is a basic screening test for lupus, it isn't enough to make a diagnosis, because a positive ANA can occur in many conditions, and in many healthy people with no underlying disease. So doctors have to look for other abnormalities in your blood or urine, and try to find a pattern that correlates to your symptoms. Often this takes time and patience because the pattern hasn't fully developed. Since lupus affects everyone differently, each person's symptoms will be different - and many symptoms common in lupus, such as fatigue and headache, are common in so many other conditions that they are not part of the diagnostic criteria for lupus. So you might want to talk to your doctor and find out if he thinks lupus is a likely diagnosis, or is he thinks you have something else going on. If he thinks lupus is possible, but you don't meet enough of the criteria to satisfy a diagnosis, ask him what diagnostic criteria he uses, and if additional tests would help him clarify his diagnosis. If he can't give you an answer, then it might be time to look for another doctor.

Thanks

I have with my md he is 99.9% sure...because i have all the physical symptoms.....Thank you for responding!!