Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm Bonnie

Thanks

Default Hi, I'm Bonnie

My name is Bonnie, I'm 26 and was diagnosed with Lupus 5 years ago, shortly after I married my sweet husband. He's the one who found this site for me! We live in southern california with our 3 dogs and I work from home. We want to start a family as soon as possible but that desire has brought up all new feelings and fears about being sick. I feel like I have handled this all the best I can but now that we are trying to get pregnant it feels like a whole new burden.

I am so fortunate to have made it past the all important 5 year mark without any major organ involvment. My joints aren't too bad either, mostly it's the fibromyalgia and neuropathy that really affect my quality of life. My doctor feels there is a good chance I will feel better pregnant, which seems too good to be true, but I won't argue. If I am lucky enough to have a baby he also assures me that I can expect a flare soon there after.

I know there are a lot of moms and soon to be moms on this website which is why my husband chose it out of all of them, plus he loved that spouses and family were welcome to post. I worry about the same things everyone here does. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching from the outside and I just can't participate like healthy people can. I feel like I have this great life that I can't always enjoy the way I want to.

I have been reading the site for a few weeks now and I just regret not finding it so much sooner! It really makes me feel like other people know what I'm going through and I have found so many answers, because so many people had the same questions I had. Thanks for being here...Bonnie[/i]

Thanks

Welcome Bonnie! You will find many caring people on this website to share the good times and the bad time with. I look forward to talking with you on future posts.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Welcome, Bonnie! We're glad to have you here!
    Missy

Thanks

Glad your husband found this site for you - that's a very supportive thing to do! You'll find a lot of good information and even more good support. Welcome to the 'family!'

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Bonnie - fellow Southern Californian. Where in SoCal are you?
    I am also very happy that your husband found this site for you. Please tell him that he is welcome to post at anytime and ask any question that he needs. We are here to help you and to help him to navigate through this illness.
    You stated that you work from home.. that is wonderful. What do you do (if I am being nosy..just let me know) :lol:
    We want you to know that you are not alone, there will always be someone here who understands what you are going through, who has an answer for you or who can give you good advice. Mostly, we want to be here to support you, offer you and your husband comfort and information!!

Welcome to our family - both of you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome, Bonnie! This site has been a true Godsend to me and to the others I am sure. I've gotten more straight out information, advice and empathy from my family on this site than I ever got trying to figure out this disease on my own through the Internet, books or (god forbid) the doctors. I'm glad you are here! Love, kathy

Thanks

Welcome to the site Bonnie. Glad you and your husband found the place.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! Saysusie, we live in LA (hollywood hills) and Santa Barbara. My husband works on and off in LA (actor) but SB is really where we feel at home so we tend to split our weeks between the two.

I do financial planning, research and such for my family's business which is investment. They are very understanding of my illness and I'm glad I can help. I have to travel once or twice a month to do business in person but for the most part I get to do everything online or on the phone and in my PJs!

I recently met a doctor in santa monica during my work that helps groups of people work more efficiently. She had a lot of experience working with people who have illnesses that effect their cognitive function, particularly lupus. She suggested I see a doctor in SM that is very experienced with autoimmune diseases. He has a phd in family medicine and a phd in psychology, he incorporated holistic and western medicine and most interestingly he focuses on biopsychosocial medicine which I found really interesting in college. He had a good sucess rate of getting people into remission and keeping them that way. I won't get my hopes up too much but it seems interesting. btw she said he was Gweneth Paltrows doctor which I thought was a little weird for a doctor to drop names right! who says she's the best judge of charecter

Thanks

that is kind of funny. I personlly can't take Gwyneth Paltrow...it's like, she has one expression, the same one for all situations. Here's Gwyneth trying not to get killed by someone: :? Here's Gwyneth having ababy: :? Here's Gwyneth as a wall street banker: :? Gwyneth ecstatic: :? LOL
    I however, LOVE her mom, Blythe Danner (I think that's right.) anyhow, welcome.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

biopsychosocial medicine - the name itself pretty much says that it covers all aspects of the person and the illness. I am very interested in her methods. Please let us know how your first visit with her goes and tell us what you think? It sounds very intriguing and it fits into what I personally think all doctors should do when dealing with people with chronic diseases.
    Keep us posted, especially me because it has truly peaked my interest.
    I am glad that you are being realistic and hopeful at the same time, I think that you will have a much better experience if you maintain that frame of mind!
    Your job sounds very interesting! I worked for the County of San Bernardino and did my last five years for them in a work-at-home position where I, too, worked in my pj's :lol: Once you are able to work from home, the thought of showing up to an office at a prescribed time becomes very unattractive - especially when dealing with a chronic illness. I am happy that your job is understanding of your illness, that alleviates a large amount of stress in and of itself!
    I hope that you find everyone here is kind, informative, supportive and understanding. I am happy that you are here :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie