View Poll Results: If you could set the thermostat @ home this winter just for your comfort, and cost was not an issue,

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over 80

2 14.29%
  • 75-80

5 35.71%
  • 70-74

7 50.00%
  • 65-69

0 0%
  • 60-64

0 0%
  • Under 60

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chills

Thanks

Default Chills

I've been reading a lot here lately about how many people get the chills and I was just curious -- since I have always felt cold in restaurants or other people's house, wear sweaters in summer etc...

How much of this is Lupus vs other related conditions vs. meds for most people...

Thanks

Well, I seem to not be able to regulate my comfortable temperature at ALL! One minute I am shivering and the next I am too hot. It drives me crazy sometimes. I have learned to dress in "layers" so that I can put on or take off, as my silly body demands. love, Kathy

Thanks

I have a portable electric heater and a fan both sitting in my office - like Kathy I seem to fluctuate between hot and cold with no predictable pattern. I think mine is more hormonal and meds than lupus.

Thanks

Hmmm, don't know how to post a 'vote'. Anyway, I am definately in the 75-80 degree group. I get laughed at because in August when it is 90 plus degrees, I will get cold to the point of shivering. I do not like to be hot either, it makes me cranky, but it happens so seldom, that it is not really an issue with me like being cold. I never really considered it being related to a disease, but then I did not consider the sores in my mouth to be abnormal, or the nasty headaches I got multiple times a week, or the arthritis like pain that the doctors just shrugged and dismissed, so I did too, ect,ect. Oh, and by the way, I have a really low 'normal' body temperature too - 96.5 F.

Thanks

Nevermind, I just figured out how to vote. Nice girl...not too bright.

Thanks

Yes, my "normal" body temperature is low too,, around 96.2 - it makes it hard to explain to doctors that when your temp goes up to 99.0, it's not just a "low grade fever". And many GP doctors don't seem to realize that steroids suppress fever - I'm had them tell me I couldn't have an infection because I didn't have a fever. Duh? Don't they teach those folks about steroids?

Thanks

LOL ... Marycain, I have a fan and one of those plug in blankets throws in my office.
    I finally figured out why I am always tired in the morning, it is from the constant thrashing I do at night. One minute I am hot the next freezing. Poor Bobby (husband) will wake up roasting because I threw all the covers over him. I figure it all works out in the wash, he wakes me up with snoring off and on.

Like you Kathy I have also learned to dress in layers. My daughter pointed this out to me a few weeks ago. It works for me!
    It is not possible to be worried while fully trusting in God.

Thanks

Quarterhorsegal
    I just read your post and noticed that you also have a low core temperature. Mine is not that low, it is usually around 97. My daughter is like that as well. I am definitely starting menopause and the hot flashes do not help. It would be nice when you are freezing but they come at an inopportune time. Typically it will happen when we are in church where they keep it on the warm side. Luckily it is momentarily as they only last a matter of seconds, for me anyway.
    It is not possible to be worried while fully trusting in God.

Thanks

With the RAYNAUDS and CARDIO problems I have I am always FREEZIN !!!!!!

ST JAMES 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Ahhhhh, menopause....I went throu it years ago, and had hot flashes, crazy mnopause-moments, etc...once i had passed, I was GLAD~! I am not on HRT because I've heard too many bad things about it, but my Primary Care Physician wants me to try it in cream form for my ops: you-know. Does anyone know about this type of hrt?