Thread: NSAIDS, other than otc advil, etc.

Thanks

Default NSAIDS, other than otc advil, etc.

I am wondering what some other NSAIDs are other than the usual over the counter Advil, Ibupro. etc. I am taking Colchicine and dr. is thinking of adding another type of nsaid. I get very queezy/nausea with advil and the likes. Any input????
    My main thing right now is the pericarditis, some joint pain, and not being able to lower my pred beyond 10mg.
    Thanks, Kim

Thanks

Hi, Kim - there are many different NSAIDs available, including the newer cox-2 inhibitors like Celebrex, which are easier on the stomach but may have other serious side effects. Sometimes finding an NSAID you can tolerate is a matter of trial-and-error, and you may have to try several different NSAIDs before you find the best one for you. All the medicines listed below are NSAIDs - but most of them are available by prescription only. Ibuprofen, naproxen, and ketoprofen are available over the counter in a dose about half as strong as the prescription of the same name. Be sure and let your doctor know that you've had a bad experience with advil in the past.

diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam)
    diflunisal (Dolobid)
    etodolac (Lodine)
    flurbiprofen (Ansaid)
    ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
    indomethacin (Indocin)
    ketoprofen (Orudis, Oruvail)
    ketorolac (Toradol)
    nabumetone (Relafen)
    naproxen (Naprosyn, Aleve)
    oxaprozin (Daypro)
    piroxicam (Feldene)