Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Memory issues/ brain fog/ etc. Questions from a newbie

Thanks

Default I thought I was going crazy

My Aunt has suffered from alzhemiers for about a few years . She is 80 something. My dad is 68 and showing signs as well. I just told my husband that I need a plam pilot to immediately write down things. MY problem is I'm a teacher. I not sure how this is going to affect my job performance in the long run.
    cas

Thanks

Default Brain Fog

It can be extremely frustrating!!! Saturday I was playing Monopoly with my husband and my step daughter (7)....My husband had to me count my money a couple of times...because I flat forgot how to add and subtract....I think sometimes my brain fog is the worst of my symptoms...I went from having an IQ of 157 to 121 now.....so very frustrated.....I agree with the confusing thing....we just moved our office last week and the Phone tech was trying to explain to how to conect my dsl and fax...(things that I done 100 times before) but this I looked at him like what the heck are you telling me....I did not understand a word. When I have these flare ups my coordination is terrible I bump into walls because my balance is way off....so now my husband and I just make jokes bout it. I am taking Plaquinil and it seems to be helping some. God bless

Thanks

Default I am also Forgetful

Hi -

It doesnt seem to be as bad for me as the stories i read and i hope it doesnt get worse, but what is really bad is me trying to finish my bachelors degree and at test and other times not being able to remember stuff, it has become a real hidrence, but i am getting so close to the end i have to keep going....like the rest of lupus if i am typing or writing too much and my joints hurt, i just take a break a while......just an fyi, lol....wish there was something we could do, i have picked up mental stimulation books like "Brain Floss" and they seem to help a bit....Jen

Thanks

I thought the tripping/klutzy thing was all in my head! It gets kind of embarrassing at work... especially when I drop cotton balls or charts in front of patients right before I draw blood or give them a shot.

I just have to laugh at myself or I'd start crying. Some days it gets really bad and I spend the entire day saying "stupid shoes" out loud as I trip over my own feet for the umpteenth time.

Thanks

No - it's definitely not in your head - many lupus patients have coordination problems. I've dropped so many glasses I just use all plastic now, And I get my sister to help me dust and wash the little "breakables" I have around the house. But what's really embarrassing for me is when I can't help the kids with their homework - and I used to be a teacher.

Thanks

My mom who had a stroke, says I am more scatter-brained than she is with brain damage from her stroke..I talk to anyone and have to fight to find the words I want to use and I forget everything, appointments, missed one last week oops, and forgot to take my dog to the vet as well! I swear this blows so bad! For lack of being able to find another word :lol:

Thanks

Default So that's what it is...

I constantly forget what I was talking about in mid conversation. My hubby looke at me like I am crazy! I also type stuff out and read it and the wrong words are there!

Thanks

Brain Fog is unfortunately a very real thing for me. It seems like I am always losing my train of thought mid sentance, and I find myself constantly asking myself, now what was I doing? I find myself on the stairs asking myself was I going up or down and what was I supposed to do? Or I find myself driving wondering where it it that I am supposed to be going. I have found that lists are now an essential part of my life....I just can't lose my list,then we've really got issues.

Thanks

I was just telling my hubby today that I have started getting lost when driving. Missing exits, and forgetting where I am going or how to get someplace that I have been a zilion times.

I also forget my sisters names, or even my age. Forget about remembering the date...I am still writing 2003. I cant spell worth a darn any more...and it was bad before, so now it is horible.

I also dont recognize what people are saying. They could be speaking english and it sounds like a forign language to me. I have them repeat themeselves, but it doesnt help.

I am a mess.

Tanya

Thanks

Yesterday I was driving somewhere with my husband, twice I forgot where I was. Missed a turn once; nearly ran a stop sign the second time. It's a route I could (or should be able to) drive in my sleep. Not anymore... Very frustrating. He always looks at me like I've lost my mind. I tell him I still have most of my mind - but part of it has gone on vacation without me. :lol:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."