Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memory issues/ brain fog/ etc. Questions from a newbie

Thanks

The other thing that happens is when I park in my driveway I park halfway on my grass and halfway on my drive way. The thing is when I am parking I thought I was parking in streight on the driveway.

The other thing is when I park in a parking lot my butt is always sticking out...not that I try to do that, I never park close enough to the curb.

Sometimes I wonder if I should be on the road.

Tanya

Thanks

Default what was the question, again?

I have to leave notes for myself "everywhere"... they don't always work, though, because I will forget where I put the note.

This is funny, though--Last year I wrote myself a note to buy a boutinierre (sp) for my daughter's prom date... Well, I just found the note--and her prom is coming up on Saturday (the note was a year old)... So it reminded me to buy her a corsage LOL!! (She's going with a group of girls this year.) I had to call while the note was in my HAND or I'd forget.

I often feel like I'm in a place for the first time, but I've been there before. I watch movies and think I've never seen them, but saw them just a month ago.. I can't remember what I did yesterday, or what my schedule is next week.

One thing that has helped me TREMENDOUSLY--We put a computer downstairs in the kitchen... and I have one upstairs in my office. I also have a handheld computer that goes with me everywhere (and has GPS and Navigation software).
    Using Outlook, all 3 of the computers sync together, and all have my calendars, contact lists (address book), grocery lists, costco lists, to-do lists, etc. I can press a button and the GPS will lead me to any of the contacts in my address book. (Or anywhere else I want it to take me.) I also have OnStar in my car, so that helps, too--especially if I have to make a detour or need a hotel or ???.
    The kitchen computer is the "hub" of the day--it is always on, has the calendar, has alarms, etc. Pickup carpool? It will let me know when to leave... Birthday coming up for brother? It lets me know days in advance so I can get a card or make a phone call. Doctor appointments? No problem.

Between these technological things and the neverending patience and sense of humor of my family, things are pretty much okay for now.

What was the question again?

Oh, and my "rolodex" often gets stuck on the wrong name/word/whatever, too.. It's funny most of the time, but sometimes it's embarrassing. I keep calling my rheumatologist's nurse "Roberta" and I know her name isn't "Roberta"... But for the life of me, I can't remember her name...

--Kristin

Thanks

Kristin, the corsage story is so funny! What did we do before post-it notes!?

My husband and I are totally addicted to Outlook and I couldn't function without it. I told him I want a Trio or Blackberry for my birthday so I can have the same info with me wherever I go. We have GPS for the car, but hadn't thought about it for the PDA. One more thing to add to my wish list. But I'll probably lose the list....... :?:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

:lol: