Thread: A Living Prayer

Thanks

Default A Living Prayer

I've been trying to decide on a song for our worship services tomorrow - after reading some of the posts today, I decided A Living Prayer would be the best thing I could choose. So thanks everyone for the inspiration.

"A Living Prayer"

In this world I walk alone
    with no place to call my home
    But there's One who holds my hand
    The rugged road through barren lands
    The way is dark, the road is steep
    But He's become my eyes to see
    The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
    This Savior lives inside me there

In Your love I find release
    A haven from my unbelief
    Take my life and let me be
    A living prayer my God to thee

In these trials of life I find
    Another Voice inside my mind
    He comforts me and bids me live
    Inside the love the Father gives

In your love I find release
    A haven from my unbelief
    Take my life and let me be
    take my life and let me be

Thanks

Oh Mary Caine,

That is an absolutely beautiful song....do I have permission to share with my mom (she is a harpist for her church)?

The words are so so so touching, thanks for sharing. I'm so freezing cold, I'm IN MY HOUSE, typing with gloves on....and yes, I'm thankin' my Lord, that I'm not outside. smile.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

The version I usually sing is from Alison Krauss and Union Station "Lonely Runs Both Ways", although I've modified it slightly for the dulcimer. If you have Rhapsody or Napster, you can listen to her recording, which is gorgeous. It sounds wonderful on Celtic harp, and should be easy to transpose to a great harp too. The sheet music is available online. I usually include the music info in a post, but the cat was helping me type and I hit the submit button before I typed the info at the bottom.

Hope your mom likes it.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

That was so beautiful, Marycain. I wish that I could hear YOU perform it!!
    Thank You So Much for sharing the words.................

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I want to get some sound equipment and electronic gizmos so I can do some digital recordings, but I'm not a "techie" and don't know enough about what to buy. I was getting ready to record an album with my older brother right before he died, some of his original songs, a couple of mine, and a couple of ballads written by Rusty Goodman. After he died, I didn't have much interest in recording. Although technically I'm a lyric soprano, the older I get, the more trouble I have hitting the high Cs. Too many years of steroids I think. So I'm gradually shifting to music that's a little easier on my voice. But I still love this song.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are several programs that you can purchase that will allow you to record onto your computer. You can plug your keyboard in, play your music and them plug in your microphone and record your voice. I use "Cakewalk" because it is very easy for us "non-techie" folks! There are several others out there, but I've found this one to be the easiest to use for my low-level of skills. It gives you 16 tracks to record on; your keyboard on one, drums on the other, violins on another, etc etc and finally two - three tracks for your voice. You can pick the best parts of each track, put them into a new track and then you have your recording which you can then burn to a CD!!
    So, I say all of this to say, get your voice recorded- sing those songs that you love and put them on a CD.
    Then....share them with all of us. I'd truly love to hear you sing some of the beautiful songs you have shared here!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie