Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignorance is not bliss!

Benton, Arkansas (18 miles south of Little Rock)
    Thanks

Default Ignorance is not bliss!

I am just wondering what your sed rates are. My hubby, Larry, as some of you may know from prior posts, has SLE Lupus, among other autoimmune diseases, and today was the first time we have been told his sed rate. We were both so ignorant of Lupus facts, that we didn't even know what to ask and his doctor never volunteered any information. We went to see a brand new doctor, and boy what a difference! Today his rate was 7 and so when we got home, I called his old doctor and told them I wanted to know all of his previous sed rates from June until December 2006. They only had three recorded, September, October and December. In September it was 66, October it was 22, and in December it was 12, and now he's down to 7. It looks like the plaquenil is working! I am aware that this may change according to inflamation, but at least I know what it is now.

Thanks

Mine was 108 when I was diagnosed... now it's like 69 or something... Normal is between 0 and 20 So YAY! I'm glad your husband's results are looking better!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

A women's sed rate is normally slighter higher than a man's, and your normal rate increases slightly with age. So for men younger than 50, the normal range is zero to 15 mm/hour, for a man over 50 it's zero to 20 mm/hour. The "normal" range for women under fifty is zero to 25 mm/hour, for women fifty and over it's zero to 30 mm/hour. And things like an acute infection, or appendicitis can send it very high. Mine always goes up when my prednisone dose is lowered. But I'm really happy the meds seem to be working for Larry.

Thanks

Default Sed Rates

Yes, finally it appears that at least a few things are looking better. Larry is a young 60, so we are very pleased with the new number. We have no idea what his rate was when he first was diagnosed. There's not much telling. I will be glad when we get the rest of the results. Also, the cyst on his pancreas has gotten alot smaller, about an inch round now, and his pancreas duct is no longer blocked. So in the last 2 weeks, we have found out that his heart is in good shape and his cyst has gotten smaller, the duct is no longer blocked and he has a good sed rate. Thank God, it's been a rough way to go for a long while now. You all know what I'm talking about. You live it! A little relief is so appreciated. Thanks to all on this board who have been so helpful from the first time I posted!

Grace

Thanks

Southernbelle, I am glad to hear such good news! *happyhappyjoyjoy dance* Love, Kathy

Thanks

Kathy, thank you so much! I know he will never be cured, I just want him to feel better! Our lives have changed so much.......I would just love to have at least a small part of our old lives back!

Grace

Thanks

Hi Southernbelle

I'm SO pleased to hear that your husband's health is improving day by day! I have read some of your previous posts and was really quite worried about him!

I'm sure that your love and support are among the main reasons why he is getting better. He is very lucky to have you!

Keep well!

Thanks

Great news, Southernbelle! What a relief for both of you. An answer to prayers!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I will keep saying my prayers fro your husband.. I'm really happy things are getting better.. God bless your both

Thanks

Thanks to all of you! He has felt better today, and I can't help but think that some of it is because he felt alot of relief after seeing the new doctor yesterday. I am, on the other hand not having a great day. I just got the news about an hour ago that my cousin just died. Totally unexpected. We played together all the time as kids and this is hard.

Grace