Thread: There are Some Strange People out there! ;)

Thanks

Default There are Some Strange People out there! ;)

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I was at school (I am sixteen) and was talking to my Grade Head and Life Orientation teacher about my Lupus and the malar rash on my face.

A student, whom I did not know and who was approximately two years younger than me, came up to me afterwards, having overheard the conversation between my teacher and I, and asked me whether my Lupus made me turn into a werewolf! :shock: :? :lol:

I just thought that some of you might get a kick out of that! :lol:

Keep well!

Thanks

That's cute - she's obviously been watching too many late night horror movies. Well, at least she knew lupus means "wolf", so she's been paying attention in latin class. What did you tell her?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I guess, in some ways, I do turn into a werewolf. At least, that is to say, that when I am in pain, the fatigue is beyond debilitating, my Lupus migraine is in full swing and everything either hurts or burns...I growl a lot, I snap at people and I have been known to make the most nasty snarling sounds!!!

:lol:
    Saysusie

Thanks

wawoooo! Or words to that effect. Being a werewolf might be fun, at least they have a full head of hair! But the raw meat thing might get a little dicey - think there are any vegan werewolves? Somehow I don't think they would inspire quite as much superstition if all they did during the full moon was go around pulling up carrots!

ILoveHistory, I think it's interesting that South Africa even has a werewolf legend - somehow I always associate werewolves with forests and trees, prowling around in the shadows. Maybe the South African werewolves are like the "skinwalkers" of Native American legend, people who can transform into animals at will. Do you have stories about vampires too?

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, we do have stories about vampires here, but they are not as big a deal here as they most likely are overseas.

Keep well!

Thanks

Actually, I read that the reason they called it "Lupus" was because of the rash pattern...wolves have similar markings on their faces. I also heard another theory that the rash looked like "wolf bites"--I prefer the first version.

Thanks

I'm glad they decided to call it a "butterfly" rash instead of a "wolf-face" rash, aren't you? It's bad enough to be stuck with "raccoon eyes" without a wolf-mask to go with it.

Thanks

Sometimes I look like a werewolf when I take prednisone.. I start to grow hair on my face. Maybe if I stay inside when there is a full moon, it will go away. LOL
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Oh, I can relate to the hairy face, Lula2Ya! My hair stylist actually had to use a beard trimmer on it the last time I had my haircut. :lol: It's just 'peach fuzz' but I've GOT to find a better solution (or I may start howling at the moon!)
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."