Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Strange, Tingling Sensations!

Thanks

Hi Tash-Lee!

It's only a pleasure!

Thanks. Yes, I also have an itchy scalp?! :?

When I was eleven, I tripped over a chain which was there to prevent cars from driving into the school yard. I quite literally 'flew' through the air and landed on my chin! I knocked my front two teeth clean out of my mouth and broke/chipped another nine teeth. I also dislocated my left elbow, broke my nose and grazed nearly every spare inch of my body. Apparently, I also had a concussion, but all that I can really remember is lots of blood pouring out of my mouth and nose. I then did my Ballet Examination an hour later, having only seen the school nurse! :shock: :lol:

Keep well!

Thanks

Hey,

Have you been on a plane recently? im about to fly on one for the first time in about 10 years and im really worried about my back and everything else, i dont want to get over there and feel really crap.

Stupid itchy scalp

Wow what a story! we kids do crazy things.

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, I was on a plane in March/April last year; it wasn't too bad.

Where are you going?

We certainly do! :lol:

Keep well!

Thanks

Hey,

Thank god for that. Im off to Sydney (the other side of australia for me) to go and see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Play.

I had another bad night last night, im sick of not knowing what to do and where to start, i cant handel it anymore

Keep Well.

Thanks

Hi!

That sounds nice! I've been there before (most of my father's family currently live in Australia) when I was younger. When do you leave?

I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time, Tash-Lee; I will continue to pray for you.

Marycain and Tash-Lee: Well, the Epileptologist had an emergency, which I completely understand and now he has gone on a Conference (which we knew about) and there are only four beds in the Neuroscience Ward for Epilepsy Monitoring, so now I can only go in June! They promised that if there were any cancellations, they would let us know. Sigh! Now I am stuck on the Epilim, which seems to be making my hair fall out, until June! :x Oh well, these things happen, I suppose! It's probably better anyway, since I am ill at the moment.

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi,

I leave on wednesday night, i know im not going to be feeling too well when i get back so the last few days its been rest rest rest.

Im doing a little bit better today, ive spend the last few days at my parents getting good food and being looked after, now im back at my house and have been able to better explain things to my partner so hopefully i will get a little bit more understanding from him, its just so hard to explain it all to him.

OH NO! i hope you are feeling better now.

Keep Well.

Thanks

Hi!

Tash-Lee: Enjoy your trip!

Thanks very much; I am struggling to build up my strength, but I'll get there, eventually! I've got the Flu at the moment though! :x

Marycain: My hands and feet have been tingling, burning and paining like crazy for AGES now and it just keeps getting worse! It's definitely not Beri-Beri this time because I am on seriously high-dose Vitamin B Complex supplements and have been for a while now. It can't be the Epilim either because this started before I went onto the Epilim and it can't be the Lamictin (Lamictal/Lamotrigine) because that has been out of my system for at least four months! Is it possible for someone my age to get Neuropathy? This is driving me CRAZY and it's much worse at night! I am permanently having to shove my feet under cold water to try and ease the burning and I just can't stand it anymore! :cry: I've had this for months now and it's actually getting ridiculous!

Thanks very much!

Keep well!

Thanks

Unfortunately, it's possible to get neuropathy at any age, and your underlying endocrine and autoimmune problems might make you more prone to this. The diagnostic testing process for neuropathy is fairly complicated and often involves nerve conduction testing. But if you continue to have the symptoms, the nerve conduction studies might be necessary to figure out what is going on. In the meantime, you might ask your doctor about a topical form of elavil to use as an ointment on your skin - it helps the burning and stinging feelings. A viscous lidocaine ointment will work too, but it's tricky stuff because it's easily absorbed through the skin.

You may need to check your vitamin B-6 intake - too much vitamin b-6 can cause tingling and burning in the hands and feet, decreased sensation to touch and vibration, and other symptoms consistent with neuropathy. So if you are taking megadose B-vitamins, you may be getting more B-6 than your body can handle.

Thanks

Hi Marycain!

Thank you very much for your response. I will be sure to speak to my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist about this, as I am seeing him this week. I will let you know what he says.

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi!

Well, Marycain, I now possibly have something else to add to my list of endocrine problems - it looks like I have Adrenal Insufficiency (most likely due to my Pituitary Gland not working properly). :x Does this ever end?

I'm on the contraceptive pill for my ovary problems now though and this usually doubles the Cortisol levels, so we cannot test me again until I am off of the pill. They looked over my endocrinology labs again (taken before I started the pill) and there is a problem with the Random Cortisol test because the lab. works with a.m. and p.m. reference ranges and mine was drawn just after 12:00 noon, causing it to fall under the p.m. range. Under the p.m. range, the level is alright, but under the a.m. range, it is very, very low. Technically, the results should therefore be viewed under the a.m. reference range. The lab. did add a special * next to the 'Cortisol, Random' result, indicating 'alert', so now we'll just have to wait, I suppose...

Gees! No wonder I'm having seizures! :roll:

Keep well!