Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Strange, Tingling Sensations!

Thanks

Hi Tash-Lee!

I'm SO sorry to hear that your meds aren't helping... :cry: Do you have a Rheumatologist or is your G.P. treating your S.L.E.?

No, I am not on Methotrexate, but I know that it usually makes people feel very sick. My doctors won't give me anything like that because they are too concerned about the virus which is circulating throughout my body. Under no circumstances will they give me immunosuppressive drugs because they are scared that the virus will finish me off... However, my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist prescribes Prednisone for me when I am struggling with very bad inflammation, e.g. lung problems, etc.

At the moment, I'm on:

*Epilim (for Epilepsy)
    *Prozac (for Fibromyalgia) because the others have terrible side-effects for me and I am allergic to Sertraline (Zoloft)
    *Zyrtec (for Allergic Rhinitis and Chronic Urticaria - Hives)
    *Yasmin (for endocrine problems)
    *Synflex (for suspected Endometriosis/menstrual problems) - only when menstruating
    *Inflammide Novolizer (for Asthma)
    *Ventolin (for Asthma)
    *Combivent Solution for Inhalation (for Asthma) - only when needed though
    *Nasonex (for Allergic Rhinitis, Nasal Polyps, etc.)
    *Kenalog in Orabase (for oral ulcers)
    *Scheriproct Ointment (for anal ulcers ops
    *Ennablex (for Interstitial Cystitis) - only when needed though
    *Zelnorm (for I.B.S.)
    *Agiolax (for I.B.S.)
    *High Potency Vitamin B Complex
    *Folic Acid
    *High Dose Omega 3 Fatty Acids
    *Lipogen Lipotropic Formula (for liver not making enough bile salts)
    *Zinc
    *Vitamin C
    *Calcium and Magnesium
    *Procydin
    *Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement

I'm also on meds for Pleurisy at the moment.

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Well, I have been off of the Epilim for a while now. The problem is that what is most likely causing all of my seizures (Hypoglycaemia, Celiac Disease, electrolyte problems, high fevers, endocrine problems), is not helped by any anti-epileptic drug, so the drug will not prevent my seizures from occurring. It got to the stage where I was sick and tired of my hair falling out, so we decided to stop the Epilim. I am on a very strict diet for Hypoglycaemia at the moment, so, hopefully, this will improve soon. Of course, I am still having seizures though.

One of the best Professors of Immunology in South Africa met with my Psychiatrist, my Clinical Nutritionist and another lady who might become my Neurologist soon on Friday. My Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist urgently wanted to come, but then had to cancel at the last minute because he had a cardiac emergency. My G.P. was unable to come and my Epileptologist is away on conference at the moment. Apparently, the meeting went quite well; my Psychiatrist phoned me on Friday afternoon, after the meeting.

My Clinical Nutritionist works very closely with this particular Prof. of Immunology and my stool was recently sent away to Germany for specific pathological testing. I saw my Nutritionist on Wednesday and my mother and I got my results. My Acidophilus count is normal (thanks to all of the probiotics which I have diligently been taking! ), but my E-Coli (as in the good bacteria which live in your gut, not the pathogens) Count, which is supposed to be ten to the power of six, was 0! :shock: No wonder I am so susceptible to infection! :x So, I have been given E-Coli from the Lab. to replenish my "store".

Just thought that I'd let you all know!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hey Ilovehistory,

Im glad things finally seem to be going onto a possitive note.

How is school going?

Keep Well

Thanks

Hi!

Thanks, Tash-Lee!

Well, I started writing exams on Monday 28th May and they've been going pretty well, except that I vomitted my head off (twelve times) when I arrived at school yesterday! I don't know why, but I had been nauseous since I woke-up and I took an anti-nausea drug, but it didn't really help.

Well, now I'm having another stupid, weird problem. :x My eyes keep blinking crazily and sometimes my head jerks with them; this only happens about once a day and only lasts for about 30-60 seconds, but it's driving me nuts! It's definitely not Nystagmus, which I've had before. I am competely conscious and aware, so I'm not sure if this is some weird type of seizure? :? It stops if I hit the side of my head hard (well, I think it does, but this only started Sunday night, so it might just be a coincidence that it stopped when I did that). Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Marycain?

Thanks and keep well!