Thread: Frustrated

Thanks

Default Frustrated

Well here I am again. Getting ready to go do the weekly blood and pee testing. My appitite is diminished again. I am just trying really hard to accept things. Does anyone smoke ciggs or pot? Does it make a difference for you? what cocktail drugs is everyone on? So many questions......

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry...don't smoke cigs or pot :?
    Try not to stress yourself out too much about the lab tests, medications and treatments involved with Lupus. Also, do not worry about asking too many questions; there is no such thing.
    We will answer every question that we can. I think that, once you understand why you have to take the tests, what the medications are for, what their side effects could be, how long you have to take them, what your treatments are attemtping to accomplish and what changes you can make to better manage this disease, things will not be as frustrating and you will not be filled with as much fear.
    So, keep asking - your knowledge will be your tool to help you manage your disease.
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi, Adria - there are some smokers and some ex-smokers on the forum, so I think you will find they understand your stress with trying to quit. Although smoking may help you relax, nicotine can interact with some medicines, so be sure to read the safety materials from the pharmacist. One of the members of the forum is a medical marijuana patient - his name is Brent but he uses the screen name ganesha. If you look for one of his posts and send him an e-mail or private message, I'm sure he will be happy to talk to you about the pros/cons.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi adria420,

I've been a heavy smoker for ten years. And quiting was one of the most best and important decisions of my life.

Shortly after quiting, lupus became a tad bit more manageable. especially stressfull part of it.

So I sincerely hope that you too decide too quit.

FYI -- I did have some extra help tho, "Allen Carrs easy way to quit smoking"
    -was a real life saver.

All the best, and take it easier. remember that we can only live one day at a time.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Hi, I have lupus and have recently quit smoking, day 35 actually and things are going relatively well. This is a cold turkey quit for me, because I wanted to be rid of the nicotine.

I have tried many times before but obviously without success, until now. What is the difference, I found an excellent site that has supported me with my quit, all makes and ages. Some more out there than others, but at the end of the day they are there to support you with your quit as well as seek out support when they need it. The site is quitnet.com, I love it and it is working wonders for me.

Check it out, explore the profiles and go to the chatroom for realtime support, it works!

Hope this helps, I'll keep an eye for you, my name there is momstheword, as rockinrobin was over used, very sad about that...hahaha. :P

Take care

Rockin robin aka momstheword aka robin :!: