Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about Bladder and Kidneys

Thanks

Hi!

My Urologist phoned my mother today and the urine specimen showed an infection, so he has prescribed an antibiotic for that, as well as Ennablex (which he always prescribes for me) for my Overactive Bladder, which drives me absolutely insane when I have an infection because I urinate almost sixty times a day when the infection is particularly bad! :x

I still have some White Blood Cells in my urine though and a little bit of Protein, but my Urologist says that it's nothing to worry about.

Keep well!

Thanks

Has your doctor done any diagnostic tests to check for urinary reflux, a narrowed urethra, or other anatomic abnormalities that could be contributing to your recurring urinary tract infections? You might also ask your doctor if it would be safe for you to drink cranberry juice daily - normally it is a very safe way to prevent recurring UTIs, but it is not a good idea for people with certain types of kidney stones. So you would need to discuss it with your doctor. Recurring UTIs put you at risk for long-term kidney problems, so your doctors need to be very aggressive in dealing with this problem, and you may need to be on preventive antibiotics on a regular basis. But if you haven't had complete imaging of your kidneys and urinary tract done, it would be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor.

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, he has, but he could not find any abnormalities.

I did discuss the Cranberry juice with my Urologist and he encouraged me to continue to drink it on a daily basis, but warned me not to over-do it.

The problem with long-term anitibiotics is my colon. I am going to see a Gastroenterologist because at first, my doctors could not find any evidence of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, but then they thought that I had developed Ulcerative Colitis, but now, that no longer seems to be the case, as there is only one ulcer in my colon at the moment (well, the last time it was checked, anyway). However, when I am on repeated courses of antibiotics, I start to get blood in my stool, so my doctors are a bit concerned about putting me on long-term antibiotics. I have become immune to a few antibiotics now, as well, which isn't good.

Thanks for the advice and keep well!