Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I will start methotrexate injections on Friday

Thanks

That is wonderful - I'm so happy for you. Just don't over-do to make up for lost time

Thanks

THANK YOU for the postings re:methotrexate. My own doc will be switching me from Prednisone to that in a few weeks, so I have been nervous about the side effects. I plan on asking for Phenergan for nausea (it has helped me in the past)...your posts are helping me not to dread the very medicine that could help me so much. I owe you!

Thanks

littlered,

I'm glad I'm not boring you to tears with the blow-by-blow details--ha! Are you going to ask for any specific dose? I'm really glad my doctor agreed to do 7.5 mg to start. I probably would have chickened out otherwise, and just trudged on like I've been doing for about 40 years--no joke.

On this Tuesday after Friday's injection, I'm a little more tired and not doing as much strenuous stuff, but I AM still moving.

I have done some little tasks that I have been putting off for months. I have thought to myself "That wasn't so hard. Why was I dreading that so much?" The reason it seems easier is because my fatigue is better. That bad fatigue that goes on for months can really zap you!

Thanks

On this Thursday after my first Friday injection, I'm almost back to my normal blah self. Fatigue has set in, I'm brain-dead, achey-brakey, etc. Of course, this is just my first shot. I'll report as I go along here, and maybe a pattern will emerge. In the meantime, I'll line up at the coffee machine

Thanks

Lucky for you that you can drink coffee. I can't handle any caffeine I drink decaf, but it's not the same...

Thanks

Lucky for you that you can drink coffee. I can't handle any caffeine I drink decaf, but it's not the same...

Thanks

On the Thursday evening after my first Friday injection, I FEEL TERRIBLE!!

I am so tired I can hardly move! WAAAAAAA!

Going right straight to bed

I'll post again tomorrow evening, after I get my second shot and then go to work.