Thread: LET'S TALK ABOUT LONELINESS AND DEPRESSION!!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default LET'S TALK ABOUT LONELINESS AND DEPRESSION!!!!

I have talked to so many of you who feel terribly lonely and depressed and who are not recieving support or understanding from your families and/or your loved ones!
    I want to hear from anyone else who feels this way. Tell me how you are handling those feelings.
    Tell me what you did to get the support you needed.
    Offer some suggestions so that we can help others who are feeling lonely and depressed.
    What can we do to help one another?? What can we do to help our families, friends and loved-ones to understand that our symptoms are real?
    What can we do to support one another???
    Can you help me with this??

Thanks to All of You
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think Starbucks fits in here somewhere.....
    :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Laughing too hard!! can't even type!! :lol:

Thanks

Hello I am a Lupus SLE patient. I am 32 years old,married, and have two daughters. I live a very busy life as you can tell. My doctor can not seem to get me in remission now for six months. I am very tired of being ill all the time. The protein showed up in my urine my last checkup. How do you live day to day looking at your kids knowing you probably will not see them grown? I am so depressed and I need help. I am new to this support thing and need help. My husband tries to help me but he can not go through this for me. Help!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tinajee;
    I know, all too well, the feeling of "Sick and tired of being sick and tired!" I think that is our (Lupus sufferers) Mantra!
    I find myself very, very depressed at times. Especially since I did not get to see my daughter grow, have children etc. because this disease took her away and left me here.
    All that I can tell you is to value each and every moment that you spend with your children because they are so precious and time is not promised to any of us. Also, never forget that your children love you unconditionally, embrace that and try to make all of your moments as happy and positive as you can!
    With the promising treatments for LUPUS, the disease itself does not become fatal in as often as it once had. Unfortunately, the disease had serious affects on my daughter's heart. However, that happens very rarely.
    You may be sick and on medications for a long time, but there is a good chance that you will indeed get to see your children grow and have children of their own.
    I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping that you are able to find some joy; at least enough to allow you to enjoy the gifts that you have!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you! I am trying very hard to deal with the tiredness that comes along with the disease better with each day that comes. I sometimes find myself wondering why me? There are so many people out there who do not value life. It seems like the ones htat do are the ones who end up suffering the most. How can that be fair? I have so much to live for and I am so happy in my marriage and my life. It is unfair! But I know that God has his reasons for everything and I have to deal with it the best way I can. My doctor keeps trying to get me in remission but that has not happened as of yey. And can you believe she says there are some people who never go in remission? I am starting to wonder if that will be me. ANd the pain is unbelievable at times. My family keeps me going and I am grateful for that. I am noticing that I have to take afternoon naps now to feel rested enough to finish the day. The joys of Motherhood keep ya going!! Well take care!

Thanks

I was wondering if any of the current members of this board are going through any kidney problems? I was wondering if anyone can give me some examples because the protein and blood has showed up in mine and I was a little scared of the fact of kidney failure. I know that is one of the major life threatening problems with lupus patients on the adverage. Any advice on what to look forward to would be helpful. thanks