Thread: Happy, Happy Holidays, everyone

Thanks

Default Happy, Happy Holidays, everyone

Husband is on the way from the airport with my beloved stepson and his wife....I *adore* them....they will be with us til Monday, happyhappyjoyjoy dancin here!

Thanks

Yeah, hurray! Are you dancing the texas two-step or are you more a polka kind of gal?

Thanks

Actually, I look kinda like Snoopy dancing when I do the happyhappyjoyjoy dance!

Thanks

That's cool - I love Snoopy. I played him in a college production of You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Had a great time dancing with my supper bowl for "suppertime", then almost fell off the giant doghouse. I can sing, but I definitely can't dance

Thanks

Default Hope this post will make a few of you laugh....

A few funny things that happened this Christmas....

First off, Michal the evil stepdaughter did NOT come...she chose instead to stay in the city where she lives...I don't blame her, traveling at Christmas on a plane, in airports with two small ACTIVE children is no party....so the braid thru the gravy thing was NOT needed. *whew*

My husband, who prides himself on gumbo, spent allllll day yesterday making gumbo, which the kids requested rather than a traditional Christmas dinner, which they'd be eating with their mom. So....he gets up before dawn and makes the roux, chops the vegetables, adds the chicken stock and the meat (we make ours with shrimp, andoullie sausage, chicken and whitefish...)and he gets a HUGE pot of it almost finished...and burned the bottom! he was storming around the house, yelling, "It's RUINED!" WE were all sympathetic, telling him, "No, it isn't ruined, it's fine" and eating the bowls of....burned gumbo. I was sitting next to his son. When clearing the table after we'd all choked it down, murmuring, mmmm, mmmm....I noticed my stepson's napkin...inside it were several pieces of the sausage, blackened...a good thing SOMETIMES in cajun cooking, but not here!

Today, we went to my dear friend Millie's house for Christmas dinner. As my contribution, I made a gorgeous Black Forest Torte....silly, SIMPLE recipe....you layer boxed cake mix (to which I added melted dark Godiva chocolate) with boxed chocolate INSTANT pudding (ditto the dark chocolate), pecans, canned cherry pie filling and fresh whipped cream (or cool whip, if you can't take the real stuff.) Anyway, it's wonderful, beautiful, especially in a glass pedestal cake dish....Granished with shaved chocolate, it draws oooohs and ahhhhhs...BUT....

I filled it up to the very top, not remembering that we had to drive across town with it. (Y'all already SEE what's coming don't you???) My husband drove clear across Houston with his slow blinkers going, and I'm having visions in my head of me stomping up and down in it in the middle of some city street....Yes, no Christmas is truly complete unless SOMEone has a huge breakdown...BUT...miracle, of miracle, we made it without mishap....I DO believe in miracles, I DO!

Hubby recieved not one but TWO pairs of new, white tennis shoes...People spoiled me shamelessly this Christmas. Pretty clothes, GORGEOUS scarfs and hats...right now I am dressed in my new bedtime finery, the softest deep pink pajamas I have ever owned, matching slippers, and a soft pink plush robe that feels sooooo comfy....I am a veritable study in pink for bedtime! G took a picture of me wearing it all, which I will post at a later time...I look like a happy, pampered little pink princess. Ahhhh, it's wonderful to be loved, isn't it?

I hope you ALL had a wonderful Christmas, full of family and friends and LOVE...Merry Christmas, my dear new friends....Kathy

Thanks

Kathy, you're a natural born story-teller! I love it! Sounds like you had a good holiday, in spite of all of the challenges you've faced lately. I'm so glad for you! No major holiday mishaps here - but some stressful family dynamics that we had to tip toe around. Hey, what else is new, right?
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

It is just raining cats and dogs here - has been for about three days, and it's about 50 degrees out. It's hard to feel christmasy when the weather is like March. And I'm still on this extremely restricted diet because of the antibiotics I'm taking, so about the only things I can eat are applesauce and rice, which is kind of a downer when there is so much food around for the holidays. But it's fun to see the kids with their toys - I even got the cat a wind-up mouse, and it's hysterical to watch her try to figure out how to catch it.

Thanks

Oh, sweet, sweet MARYCAIN....do feel better soon, do! I too have not been able to eat much...nausea in the AM, loss of appetite...if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was pregnant! (NOT to worry, folks...technically, an impossibility!)
    Please be well soon, dear friend--Kathy