Thread: Hi guys.. I find out Monday

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi guys.. I find out Monday

after 5 months and 9 doctors visits later, Monday I go to my Dr. and get my tests back. I am extremely nervous because it will just confirm what I already know. This is the second time I have taken medical at work and I was wondering if anybody has sucessfully applied this condition to their workers compensation insurance at work. This will surely break me finacially and need to lok at all options. thanks dave

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dave;
    I tried, unsuccessfully, to apply SLE to my worker's comp! Unfortunately, I could not prove that the stress at work had anything to do with the onset of SLE.
    That does not mean the you will not be successfull. I would suggest that you find a good workmen's comp attorney!!!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Thanks Saysusie

This seems to be the consensous opinion. Thanks for the repley. I'm off to see the Dr. right now. I think I'll go see lawyer after. Best wishes to all. Dave

Thanks

Worker's Comp - I'm not too sure about it. I have an advocate myself and none of my paperwork goes in without her seeing it first. And it's not that there is any deception or anything but there are always technicalities to think about. My father was 3 days too early to qualify and was denied and they ceased covering him - he has MS. All of this is for LTD though, but WCB is similar.

Having worked in a medical office for a long time, I have never heard of someone getting WCB for Lupus because it is a "pre-existing condition". Your job did not actually cause the disease, most likely just aggrevated it.

I hope you get some compensation.