Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I went to get the flu shot last night...

Thanks

Default So I went to get the flu shot last night...

So I was at Ralph's last night when I walked by the pharmacy and noticed a flu shot sign. I stopped to ask them what hours they usually administer the shot and I was told a "doctor" was on duty right then.

After filling out all the paperwork, including questions about what kind of medicine I'm taking and whether or not I have any immune deficiencies the "doctor" came over to ask me a few more questions before administering the shot. First, what kind of medicines are you taking? Then, what kind of immune deficiency do you have?

I told her, "Lupus."

She wrote on her paper L-U-P. Then she paused. She finished A-S.

LUPAS.

And then she stuck a needle in my arm.

Just thought ya'll might get a kick out of that. My fiance was standing next to me and after we left he started laughing and said "Well she obviously doesn't know what lupus is."

Thanks

I just hope she's a med student and not a real doctor! Or maybe she's really bright but just can't spell?

Thanks

That's so funny... was she a doctor or a docter? We need to find out what medikal skool she gradiated frum.... LOL WeHaveLupAS.com SORRY couldn't resist the dig.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

lol, I'm not sure, I don't think she was a med student because on her name tag it said "Dr. something something" and under that it said "Pharmacist." So...do they call pharmacists doctor? I didn't think so but that's the only explanation I can think of!

I was seriously having second thoughts about letting her immunize me after I saw that but I was too shy to say anything ><

Thanks

I love that! My son is an anesthetist at a local hospital - I'm going to share that story with him. I know he'll appreciate it, given some of the stories he's told us!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Oh my word! That is SO funny! :lol:

When I was last admitted into hospital, I was also asked whether I had any important medical conditions. I said "Yes" and told the nurse what they were. I told her that I have Asthma and she wrote "Asma"! I nearly died from shock! :shock:

Also, I have Celiac Disease and told the kitchen staff, as well as the nurses, that I cannot eat anything containing gluten, i.e. no wheat, no barley, no oats and no rye. Even so, they were bringing me sandwiches, porridge and chicken wraps! One of the women in my ward nearly collapsed from laughing!

:lol: Thanks for that! It brightened up my evening!

Thanks

I think I'd ask when someone else would be on duty..... :?
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I'm sure that doc did quite well in her Univercity. LOL

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol: :P

That was cute Littlered!! The original story was also hilarious!!

Saysusie

Thanks

Okie dokie, here is the answer to the doctor question. Some pharmacists are doctors. The degree is PharmD or doctor of pharmacy. Some pharmacists are RPh, or have a bachelor's degree in pharmacy. The PharmD degree is supposed to be a more clinical degree than an RPh, but it really depends on the experience you get after you get your degree that determines how clinical of a pharmacist you become. Hospital pharmacists tend to have more clinical experience than retail pharmacists. Regardless of the degree, all pharmacists have to pass the same national board exam to become licensed. Somewhere around the year 2000, the RPh degree was phased out, so all graduating pharmacists are PharmDs now. I personally find it a bit distasteful for a retail pharmacy to exploit the pharmacists' title by insinuating that a physician is there.