Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CELLCEPT

Thanks

Default CELLCEPT

Anyone on cellcept and has anyone experienced any problems such as not working.

please help[/u]

Thanks

Default CELLCEPT

Hello,how long have you been taking cellcept?my docter wants me to go on cellcept to. I have had S.L.E for 15years and taking prednisone and plaquneil. But that not enough to keep my lupus in remission.so my nephrologist recomemded cellcept.

Thanks

Hello! Yes, I've been on Cellcept for 2 1/2 months now. My bloodwork from last month (after I had been on it for 6 weeks) showed marked improvement, but my latest (today) didn't show any improvement since last month. The side effects haven't been too bad, though. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Missy

Thanks

Do you have Lupusnephritis to? why are you taking cellcept? Thanks!!

Thanks

Yup - I have Lupus nephritis, too. That's why I'm on the Cellcept ( and Prednisone). I don't think I 've had too many side effects from the Cellcept - more from the Prednisone. It's hard to tell, though, when you start everything around the same time.

Thanks

Hey Missy,
    How many milligrams of predinisone and cellcept are you on? did your docter cut down on the milligrams of the prednisone because now that you are on cellcept?

Thanks

I'm on 2000 mg of Cellcept every day and went down form 30 to 20 mg of Prednisone. But my sed rate didn't go down at all after reducing the Prednisone, so I have to stay on the 20 mg for now. I was hoping to get to go down more.

Missy

Thanks

I, too, am doing 2000 mg of Cellcept a day. Today is my first day.

Has anyone had any side effects from the Cellcept. If so, what were they? I heard some people had gastrointestinal problems. I'm a bit scared of taking this because I have such a sensitive stomach.

Thanks

My wife is on cellcept. She is taking 2000mg a day. However her prednisone went down from 20 mg to 1mg every alternate day.
    We are waiting to get off the prednisone in a couple of weeks.\
    And yes she does have lupus nephritis.

hope this helps

Thanks

I take 1000 mg in am & 1000 mg in pm, but when I first started, my Rheumy said it was ok to ease myself on, so I started with 500 mg a day, then 500 mg in am & pm, etc. Supposedly, you are supposed to take it on an empty stomach for optimal absorption, so I do get a little upset tummy for the hour I take it before I eat. Mine says to take it 1 hour before eating or 2-3 hours after last eaten. I have a sensitive stomach as well, but find that eating smaller, more frequent meals helps my stomach not be upset. Good luck, Tigerfan!