Thread: Losing weight after tapering steroids

Thanks

Default Losing weight after tapering steroids

I was wondering how long it takes to lose the weight and puffiness when tapering steroids.
    I didn't really notice how puffy I was until I saw some pics of my slef. I was wondering how long it will take for that to go away now that I am tapering down my prednisone from 20 mg to 10 mg to hope fully 5 mg. Anybody with experience...positive or negative I will appreciate it!
    " Friends help you move.
    REAL friends help you move bodies"
    We put the "fun" in dysfunctional!

Thanks

Hi There
    I know what you mean abou the photos really showing the puffiness.....I find though that it goes away really quickly for me. I notice a difference within the first few days of tapering my dose. I am at 11.2 (2 and 1/4 pills) right now and my face looks almost normal - have been at 25 mg most ofthe time. My hair is also different on lower doses = less frizzy etc. I don't think it will take too long for you. Good luck, its a great accomplishment to taper isn't it?
    all the best
    karen

Thanks

It is funny to look at your photos - I can look at my face and estimate the dose of Prednisone I was on at the time!
    Missy

Thanks

I'm avoiding being in photos whenever possible. I'll take all the pix this Christmas..then I don't need to be in 'em. Every time I look in the mirror I just groan. I didn't realize how vain I was until I got sick. I really HATE looking like this and will be very glad to lose the 'moon face!'

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."