Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not again! Pericarditis

Thanks

Good philosophy, Missy. I've learned so much in my short time as a member here. And where else could I 'talk' to someone at 3:00 AM?!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default Jody

I was noticing that neither you nor Kimb mentioned coughing with your pericarditis - I haven't had a bad bout of pericarditis since I started taking the colcichine every day - plus I'm on the cytoxan and other meds that probably knock it out too - but every time I've gotten it before, I would cough till I turned blue in the face (literally). My chest hurt with every deep breath, but the coughing felt like it would rip my lungs open - the only way to get a breath was to lean forward and hold a pillow really tight against my chest. It was always diagnosed as pericarditis based on x-rays and pericardial "rub", but no one else mentioned coughing, I'm wondering if that part might have been asthma or bronchitis.

Thanks

I get a dry cough with it, and yes the cough can be pretty painful. But I didn't cough hard like that, Marycain. Sounds like you had something else going on at the same time.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

MaryCain-
    I havent really had a cough with my last 6 episodes.....The first time I was hospitalized, and diagnosed-had many things besides pericarditis with effusion, pleursy and bloodclots in my lungs...and then I was coughing. At first, I thought I had pneumonia. NOT....
    Right now, I take the usual prednisone, colchicine(been on since June) and we just increased my methotrexate. Hummmm...Hows everyone else today?
    My symptoms are much better now, I will start to taper the pred again next week.
    Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays....
    Kimb