Thread: Need your prayers!

Thanks

Default Need your prayers!

Hi everyone!

My 8.5 year old golden retriever Hoover is struggling to live right now. He had a bowel resection today because he ingested one of my kids corn dog sticks. This is not the first time he has done this - when he was a puppy he ingested our blue recycling bin and perforated his intestine in 6 places, hence the name hoover.

He is my best friend, cuddles with me when I feel terrible, and listens to me when I need to vent, he and my kids are what have got me through the last year. Today has been the worst day ever! Remember him in your prayers ok! He might be just a dog, but I love him with my whole heart. Gotta go, crying again.

Thanks

He is God's creature and a member of your family too! Of course we will say prayers for him. I posted a prayer request for him on the Unity prayers for pets. Please let us know how he is.

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Thanks

Hoover is definitely in my prayers. I know how important our pets can be and how much a part of the family they are. Everyone on this forum was so supportive to me a month and a half back when our own beloved dog Kira went missing from home. After, we had all but give up hope she was returned to us unharmed.

I think Kira's safe return was as a result of all the prayers and good wishes for a safe return. So your beloved Hoover is also in good hands with people all over the world praying for his safe recovery. When he is better though you really should get him to talk (bark, bark) to a dietitian about his diet. No more recycling bins and corn dog sticks Hoover, you really have to stick to your diet of "dog food" even though if your anything like my Kira no one in your family has even told you "you are a dog"!!!!!

Sending, healing energy today and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Patricia..................beautifulbeluga

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope that your "Hoover" recovers and will continue to be a part of your family for many years to come. I know what it is like to have a pet who is also a family member..we had our beloved "Hooter" (those names are quite similar huh?) for almost 18 years before he passed in his sleep.
    I will keep both you and Hoover in my thoughts and my prayers

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I am so sorry you are going through this with Hoover. I think you will find that there are a lot of us that do not think of our pets as trivial members of the family, they are part of our families. I would be completely lost without my dogs. I said a prayer for Hoover and will say another one tonight, may God bless you and your family...hugs and prayers your way.
    It is not possible to be worried while fully trusting in God.

Thanks

I surely will pray. I don't know where I'd be without my dogs. They make me laugh and seem to know when I am down....Buster, my Boston terrier, won't leave my side when I'm sick.
    My Novio will eat ANYthing...he's ingested sticks, rocks, shoes, underwear, etc.....but never had any serious problems. I just have to watch that dog continuously. If I want him to take his medicine, I just throw it on the floor and say, "NO, Novio!" Reverse psychology---he gobbles it right up.Keep us posted on dear Hoover.

Thanks

Hoover is at home and doing better. After a major surgery he is recovering slowly and we are monitoring him closely at home. Thank you for all your prayers. Its so good to have my buddy back!

Thanks

i am so glad!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am happy that he is home and recovering well. It will be a Merry Christmas all around now :lol:

Saysusie