Thread: Sweating!!!! (i know its gross)

Thanks

Default Sweating!!!! (i know its gross)

My name is Erin. I am a 29 year old mom of 3 boys. I was just diagnosed about 3 months ago but have been having syptoms for a couple years now. I am currently taking Cymbalta, Prednisone 20mg, tramadol, benadryl,BCP,Omega-3,multi-vitamins, and tagament.
    I have noticed lately that I am sweating profusely!
    It is so gross!
    I will all of a sudden be dripping with sweat. Especially my hairline, neck, chest!
    Thanks for any help! :roll: :roll:

Thanks

Hi!
    I don't know if I can provide help for you but just wanna share.. I was diagnosed with Lupus five years ago and have been in steriods since then and I do experience excessive sweating especially in my face. I didn't do anything about it but eventually my sweating is lesser nowadays. Just avoid the sun and if you can't, wear a lot of sunblock and hats
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Erin;
    One of the less frequent side effects of prednisone is increased sweating. It is one of the minor side effects (meaning, it does not require a doctor's immediate attention). It feels as if you are having menopause sweats without the extreme body heat. I use corn starch with baby powder all over my body to help absorb some of the sweat and it can also help in reducing odors. I also keep baby wipes with me to wipe down when I have sweated a bit too much. It is both cooling and cleansing!!
    I hope this helps :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Sweating

I am on steroids-only 5mg now but I have dreadful sweats too. Mine don't start till about 4pm then go on all evening and night.
    Val

Thanks

Yeah, I thought I was finished with 'hot flashes' but the Lupus has created a whole different kind of 'sweating.' You have my sympathy! It seems to help me if I sip cool water when these hot spells occur. I always keep some nearby. I also try to dress in layers, so I can take off the top layer (and then put it back on after I cool down!)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I keep a little battery operated fan in the office in case I need to cool off before meeting a client. I also like the Shower to Shower line of body powder - some of the scents come in little travel sizes that fit in your purse or bag. If your hair is sweaty or wet, you can also sprinkle a little of the powder on your hair and brush through for an emergency touch-up. The travel sizes of baby wipes with aloe are handy for cooling and wiping off the sweat. The Burts Bees products (available in most health food stores and drugstores) have a line of "complexion mists" that you can mist right onto your skin - I keep mine in the refrigerator so they are nice and cool, and mist myself down when I first start getting too hot. I also love my "chillow" - it's a little thing you put inside your pillow case so your pillow stays cool - it really helps with the night sweats. And natural fibers like cotton "breathe" more than synthetic fabrics like polyester or nylon - so you might also look at what fabrics you're wearing and the fabric in your sheets.

Thanks

Default Yup! Prednisone

Yup! Prednisone. Don't ya love it? I get the nite sweats from it. I also sweat more than usual in the summer. I never really sweat before even though I live in the south. Soon as I started taking Pred. I noticed the sweat would drip into my eyes. When I stop the Pred. All symptoms of sweating goes away.
    Kathleen Gardo

Thanks

Default I'm not on pred but have this too.

It starts in the late afternoon and I sweat till morning. I wake up in the night and my hair is wet (all around the hairline mostly) and I have to turn over my pillow or grab a new one (I keep 3 handy so I can rotate up to 6 sides at night!).

I used to be able to get away with fewer showers and fewer shampoos... not anymore.

BTW, I have experience hot flashes and night sweats and this isn't the same.