Thread: Working out

Thanks

Default Working out

I was just recently diagnosed with lupus on the 21 of november and i was always a weight lifter and my doctor told me to stop til we found out what was wrong... now that i know i have lupus can i get back into my regular ways of working out because i dont want to gain weight from the pretinazone that i am taking because i know that is a steriod and i want muscle not fat... please answer

Thanks

Default Hi, Brandon

This is something you really need to discuss with your doctor. If your joints are swollen or painful, weight-lifting might make it worse. Exercise is good but you don't want to put too much stress on your joints. So you should probably get clearance from your doctor to get back into your regular routine.

Thanks

Hey exercising is good. I am 35 and have had LU for 2.34 years I would say if the pain doesnt go away or lighten while exercising then you need to stop.. I think when there is a little swelling or soreness with pain your
    LUPUS is agervated. You can worsen it by pushing to far. I have experienced it myself...