Thread: Just Diagnosed

Thanks

Default Just Diagnosed

Hello, my name is Brandon and I was just recently diagnosed with lupus on Tuesday November 21. 2006. My doctor put me on plaquenil and pretinazone, i have to take plaquenil the rest of my life as far as i know, and pretinazone for 42 days (2, 21 day perscriptions). Also i am taking calcium and a multi-vitamin and then a baby aspirin to thin my blood. Now also i would like to add that i am only 19 years old and a little freaked out about it but nothing to worry about i just would love some responses with anything that i can do to make my life more normal and not have any worries because i love being in the sun and playing sports is lupus going to effect me? and thats not all i want answers on anything anyone can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brandon

Thanks

Default Hi, Brandon.

I posted a response under your member introduction. I would also encourage you to learn as much about lupus as you can - there are a number of good books available - you can probably find them in your local library or at Amazon.
    Some of the books include:

The Lupus Book: A Guide for Patients and Their Families - revised edition 2005
    by Daniel J. Wallace

Taking Charge of Lupus: How to Manage the Disease and Make the Most of Your Life
    by Maureen Pratt, David Hallegua, Daniel J. Wallace

The First Year - Lupus: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
    by Nancy C. Hanger, Elena Massarotti

Living with Lupus: The Complete Guide, Second Edition
    by Sheldon Paul Blau, Dodi Schultz

You can also find a number of good articles at the Lupus Foundation of America website, www.lupus.org

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Brandon;
    I just wanted to welcome you to our family. Marycain has given you excellent advice, both here and in the new member's forum. There is not much that I need to add at this point except to let you know that any questions that you have, we are all more than happy to answer them as best we can.
    I do not want you to feel as if you are alone, because you are not. You are very young and I understand how frightening this can be. You will have to make some modifications in your life, but with medications, self-care, knowledge and lifestyle changes...you can live a relatively normal life for many, many, many years!!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie