Thread: Thanksgiving Thanks

Thanks

Default Thanksgiving Thanks

For all the advice relating to the holidays. My cousins called, and I spent the afternoon. I went a little crazy baking (and amy paying the price today big time in terms of fatique/pain) but it was so worth it.

I know a few of you were wondering how it turned out. I would have posted this earlier, but with the web site down ... Anyhow thanks for the notes of encouragement, advice etc.

Thanks

I'm so glad you had a good time! Now maybe you can rested up before the work week starts again. I though about braving the crowds to do a little shopping, but decided it wasn't worth it to fight the crowds!

Thanks

Default Holiday Shopping

Yeah -- I joking thought about posting a question to see how many people braved Black Friday -- but it seemed rhetorical. Not that no one would, but with the energy limits many of use face -- online shopping or going later seems a much better idea. Even with the discounts.

I don't think I could face the nonsense of finding a parking spot, dealing with cranky (overworked/understaffed) sales people and shoppers (tired kids etc) -- much less the waiting to check out. Despite the deals/sales....

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I actually told myself, and my husband, that I was going to make a very real effort to go out and purchase an item that I had been wanting for months. It was on sale for $500.00 less than the original price. He, of course, laughed at me and said "We'll See!"
    However, when I woke up with my usual aches and pains, a migraine headache and just the usual fatigue, my husband rolled over in bed, chuckled at me after I said "I ain't goin' nowhere", covered me up and went back to sleep himself!! :lol:
    I guess I really knew that I wasn't going to make it.........it is too much for most of us to deal with :lol:

I am glad that you had a happy thanksgiving, that makes me happy!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

A lot of the online stores are offering discounts and free shipping, especially my favorite craft and sewing store, Joanne. So why drive an hour to the mall when I can shop with the mouse? We live in a very rural area, the closest big mall is actually in another state! So I'm worn out from the drive before we even get to the mall. I used to live shopping in my younger days, but I'm just not up for it anymore.