Thread: Beautifulbeluga back to the sea

Thanks

Default Beautifulbeluga back to the sea

Hi to All:

Finally, after over a month in recovery the beautifulbeluga made her way back to the water yesterday. Yes, can you believe it the healing energy of the water has once again become part of my life. oh how I have missed it. The local YM-YWCA isn't quite the ocean but it has the same effect on my physical and emotional state.

To start, I want to thank all who wished me well and sent me thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. A special thanks goes out to my dear friend Sharon - aka Mrs. M who took the time to update you all on my condition when I have been unable to do so myself. Also a special thanks to all who sent me PM's which today still go unanswered but I have not forgotten and will respond.

My surgery went well. I am now one legged bionic instead of the intended two due to health complications from my lupus. The 8 day hospital stay was horrid (I have a million stories) and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The surgical team however, was the best one could ever hope for and I was more than impressed and thankful to them. Unfortunately, due to this flare my second TKR of my right knee has been put on hold until I maintain further recovery. This has been a very tough surgery and for those who have gone before me know it is very painful with a long, hard recovery. The surgeon said my leg "was a mess", very crooked with lots of extra bone growths that had to be addressed and the procedure took almost two hours longer than scheduled. The poor condition of my leg and increased amount of surgical intervention contributed to my pain and my slower recovery. I have absolutely no regrets and already my new knee gives me a foundation and a freedom I have not had in years. I can walk again, and stand, what a miracle our modern day science.

Again, thanks for all the support. You have know idea how much your involvement and good wishes and prayers have meant to me. I am thankful to be back.

The beautifulbeluga (in recovery)

Thanks

I am so happy to hear you are doing better. I believe everyone has missed you! It does sound like you had a horrid time,but your home now and we all know there's no place like home! I am glad the water is working for you. I remember when I could barely walk and swimming everyday made a huge difference. Welcome back.....
    It is not possible to be worried while fully trusting in God.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Home Beautiful Beluga and, yes, I understand completely the healing nature of water. I love to tell my friends that in my former life, I was a dolphin :lol: . Everytime that I see water, I want to get in it!!
    I am sorry that your hospital stay was undesirable, but you are very fortunate that your medical team was excellent!
    I am praying for a speedy recuperation and that things go well enough for you to have the next surgery with complete success.
    Glad To Have You Back

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

So glad the beautifulbeluga has returned to the sea where she belongs! Swim free and safe!

Welcome back. You were missed.

Thanks

Welcome back Beautifulbeluga! Its good to hear you're back at the computer, addicted and playing long and hard there just like the rest of us

Here's to floating and swimming and hot water therapy and your brand new bionic knee!

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for my welcome back messages. Just got home from physio therapy and continue to do well. I even managed a trip around a big box store just to get some further exercise and a little excitement in my otherwise very boring existence. I must be bored, because I actually hate shopping. I was very impressed with my new knee though just standing around and walking a bit just because it feels so good and I am doing it!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hi,

I have been in California for the last couple weeks. When I left and last checked on you; things were not too good.

You were one of the first thoughts on my mind as I returned.

I'm glad you are doing well, remember, I told you recovery was going to be a hard road, but so worth it.

glad you are safe and well!

stardust
    An eye for an eye only makes for a very blind world.