Thread: SORRY I DID NOT CHECK IN b4 I WENT TO THEHOSPITAL

Thanks

Default SORRY I DID NOT CHECK IN b4 I WENT TO THEHOSPITAL

8)
    HI ALL !!!!!

So nice to be feeling well enough to be back and on the baord.

Unfortunately I had a bad re-action to some medication and it caused a MAJOR FLAIR up and also worked against m heart meds and I ended up in the hospital for that.....while I was in there Idecided to let the ORTHOPEDIC DOCS remove some of he broken bone chipsoff my neck and vertabre in my cervical area and have them removed so I am not as prone to getting them stuck in between the remaining vertabrae or causing any more damage.....

Sorry I did not check in first and let ya'll know ,but those who know me know I do not like to bring up the BAD things and keep them to myself.

I know I have plenty of friends here and they would certainly be there for me to help with some prayer and support....but with all the problems we all deal with on a daily basis I DID NOT want to bring my problems to the table...
    We all have problmes and I do pride myself on my abiliteies to deal with mine without bringing down others.....ONE DAY I will STOP trying to do it all on my own and rely onother for if nothing else SUPPORT AND LOVE.....which you all have always GIVEN me and I can not thank you for it.

STJAMES 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Default You were missed

Especially on Veterans Day. I hope and pray the removal of the bone chips gives you so much needed relief from your pain. Does this mean you don't need to be in traction so often? I hope so - I know it would be so good for you to be able to get outside and enjoy your beautiful garden.

We are also a little worried about Susie - it's been a while since she was on - do you know if she is okay?

Please don't try to do too much too soon - kick back and spend some down time with your lovely wife and friends (of course I include the dogs among your friends).

So glad you're back!

Thanks

Hi James,
    I am glad that you are better now and out of the hospital. I hope that you don't have anymore problems with your spine. I am just glad that you are back and able to post.

Hugs,
    Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi James;
    I also must apologize for my brief disappearance. However, mine was due to computer failure and, healthwise, I am ok.
    Like Marycain, I do hope that this surgery will finally give you some relief from your pain and allow you to be free of traction.
    I always worry when I do not hear from you, so I am glad that you did let us know how you are and where you've been!

MARYCAIN!
    What a blessing you are. I have been without a computer for a week now and fretting over WeHaveLupus as if it were a child. I should have known better and should have known that you were here to help James, as always.
    I am quite all right, but I thank you for your concern and I apologize for any worry that I may have caused :?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

8)
    THANK YOU LADIES FOR YOUR LOVE AND GENUINE CONCERN,

I am feeling a bit better from the surgery and they removed 14 chips out of my neck area !!!!! :shock:

Though there were some they could not get to as they were to close to the soft part of my brain and did not want to take any chances
    This SHOULD alleviate alot of the neck problems and they are now looking into trying to do the same on my back.
    The problem there is that with the ARACHNOIDITIS and leaking spinal canal it brings up alot of dangerous possibilities of getting infections, and making the scar tissue problem worse.....if it somes down to that THEN sadly I will NOT be able to have my back done, but rather than being dissapointeds about not being able to have that done I am happy to have had then neck surgery and to get some relief there is a blessing.

AS far as wearing my traction I have to continue to wear it for my neck right now till the surgery is fully mended. With my back Imust still continue to wear it until we make a decesion and even then we won;t kow if the surgery was a success untiil a few months afterwards.

Right now I am JUST THRILLED that the constant SEVERE pain in my neck and head are all but gone ...for now...there are STRONG possibilities that alot of the pain will remain due to nerve damage but still there won;t be those darn chips getting stuck and casing me to have to take such HUGE doses of morphine and other pain killers that I am so against taking.

MARY....thank you for mentionig VETERANS DAY....it was a SAD day for me and a day of reflection.....ther were so many children that were barely adults that I had to put into those blue plastic bags tosend them home to there families I can some times still see there faces and remember there names.....it can be a very scary time.
    But I owe it to THEM who gave the ULTIMATE SACRAFICE to our country to try to make the best of my life and live through any memories that upset me, I try to remember those who i knew when they were happy or smiling or joklng around.
    It's those kids that my medic and I worked or desperately to save that there names and faces are the ones that haunt me.
    For they (we) were just kids caught up in a bunch of STUPID ADULTS WAR and we did our best, our best to stand up for the USA and our best to stay alive sometimes the two knocked heads but we always stood arm in arm and as brothers.

IF ther is ONE THING GOOD ABOUT WAR is that when you are put into that kind of situation of kill or get killed everyone is the same COLOR, everyone is your brother, There is no BLACK and no WHITE no CHINESE and no racism....sure you have your 10% on everything but what I remember MOST about being in COUNTRY is that every man who wore the uniform of THE USA stood behind you no matter what color you were ,how old you were, or where you were from.....each person knew there life may be in the hands of any one person at any time and for those reasons there was NO time for RACISM or HATRED of any kind....

THAT was the ONLY BEAUTY I SAW.

REMEMBER YOU CAN BE AGAINST THE WAR, but PLEASE DO NOT FAULT THE SOLDIER FOR HE/SHE IS ONLY DOING WHAT THEY WERE ORDERED TO DO AND THEY ARE FIGHTING TO KEEP THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO DO US HARM ON OUR OWN SOIL....FAR AWAY FROM THE USA SO ANOTHER 9/11 NEVER happens again.

SO please next time you see a soldier THANK HIM OR HER....you;ve no idea how much that means to US who have worn the uniform and have seen combat.
    Think about it a complete stranger is willing to give there life to protect your rights to live in freedom in the USA.
    How may other strangers are willing to lay ther life on the line for you???

It is a beautifull and BRAVE thing the soldier of the USA does for the people they do not know....the least we can do is THANK THEM or say WELCOME HOME.
    Sadly that was NOT what the VETS of VIET NAM got we were called names, purposely NOT given jobs and protested against yet we were only doing what we were ordered to do and trying to keep commumism from spreading through the world.
    Today we now honor the VIET NAMN vet but for some it is to late.
    Though we lost over 55,000 children in VIET NAMN did ya know that OVER 100,000 of our service men who served in NAM commited suicide since returning home and over 100,000 are Homeless and have either drug or mental problems....there never was a war like VIET NAM and may GOD HELP us that there never is another one like it again !!!!

SO please remeber that the next time you see a Soldier at a bus station or on the street just look him or her in the eye and say THANK YOU, you've no idea how much that will mean to them.

Thank you all for your concern and blessings.
    I am sorry I was gone for so long ,but the chance to get the surgery was given tome on a MONDAY and Ihad to be insurgery on a WEDNESDAY so I had no time to think about it, by the time I had my pre -surgical tests done, I was in the hospital before I knew it.

But I knew even though I never had the time to speak to any of you about I that I had your BLESSING AND PRAYERS and I knew that between SUZ and MARY all would be well here.

THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING ME FEEL WANTED AND A PART OF SOMETHING BEAUTIFULL WE HAVE HERE

MANY BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU

MY MOST SINCERE THANKS

STJAMES 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

James
    You are a HERO in so many ways, and the fact that you are a veteran only adds to your HEROIC status in my eyes. I will, from this day on, make it a point to acknowledge anyone in uniform and thank them for what they are doing for us and for this country (as well as other countries around the world).
    I had heard about the astronomical suicide rate amongst Viet Nam Vets and felt that what they had to (and many still have to) endure is unconscionable!!
    I am extremely happy that your neck pain has decreased dramatically and I am praying that you will be able to have your other surgery (without complications) and that it, too, will eliminate much of your pain.
    As Always...please continue to take good care of yourself. You ARE important and you matter greatly!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie