Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnancy and Lupus???

Thanks

Whitney,

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. What an emotional rollercoaster those weeks must have been! Don't give up hope of a little one. It's amazing of what your body is capable of doing even when you are "sick" with Lupus. I was really worried at first since we hadn't even come close to getting this disease under control. But somehow, my body has risen to the challenge. The baby and I are both doing excellent and all my lab work has come back much improved since before pregnancy. It's truly a miracle. So here's to hope and miracles!

Thanks

atedj- I have hope, now! I'm glad to hear the you and your baby are doing great, I hope everything goes the way you guys planned! Right now I'm only 20, but maybe in a few years after I've had the disease for awhile and I know how my body will react to certain things- like pregnancy, I'll think about having kids. I'm just glad to know that its not impossible to have healthy ones.

Thanks

Whitney, when I was 21 I was told by my gynecologist that I would probably never had children because of endometriosis. I was dating my college sweetheart at the time, and I became so depressed I broke off the relationship because I knew he wanted kids. After I met Michael, it didn't matter as much because he was an only child and not interested in kids, even though I still wanted them desperately as I watched my other married friends get pregnant and have children. We never worried about birth control because I thought I could not get pregnant, so it was a shock when I started having morning sickness! I was almost 34 and the doctors told me the chances of carrying the pregnancy to term at my age were not good, especially since I was carrying twins. That was almost 11 years ago - I have four healthy sons now. Parenting with lupus can be a challenge, but it is also a joy. So don't give up hope - the "impossible" can happen.

Thanks

Default Thank god!

Marycain- you know the more postive things I hear about child birth, the easier dealing with the lupus is. Its such a relief to hear so many diff people who live in diff areas having healthy kids! I can live w/ the lupus, but not having kids would probably make me more depressed than anything! Thank you sharing your experiences w/ me!

Thanks

I think I'm going to cry :cry:

I just finished reading these stories to my husband because we desperately want to have a child. After reading, I know that having a child is possible with lupus. Thanks so much everyone for relieving our hearts and easing our minds.
    Living with Lupus is the easy part. Living without the ones that'll support you through can be difficult.

Thanks

My fiance and I are wanting to start trying for a child in about 2 months. We are both scared that I will get worse with the pregnancy, or not be able to get pregnant at all. Right now I am not on any medicines. The rheumy wanted me to take a break since problems with my liver. We have been researching herbal things and eating healthier, thinking maybe I can keep the SLE under control that way. I have been feeling good lately, no pain really. It's just this cold and bronchitis that have me down for 3 weeks now. I'll keep you ladies updated if we do get pregnant. We are so silly, already laying in bed at night picking out baby names.

Thanks

I did the same thing - only problem was I kept picking out girls' names and then finding out I was having boys!

Thanks

We have an agreement that I get to pick for a girl, and him for a boy. If it's a hideous name, we will review it at that time. We are hoping for a boy since we already have his 7 year old daughter.