Thread: new to this site

Thanks

Default new to this site

Hi everyone i am new to this site. i was dig about 6 years ago with lupus sle was not too bad once i got my medication but 3 years ago i had to pack up my job which i loved at funeral directors my memory was getting very bad and has it was a very sensative job i had to pack up. i have been married to alan for 30 years who i love dearly he does so much for me. we have 3 children Carl who was 38 october just gone he has a daughter shanice who i love so much she is 7 years old he is not with shanices mum any more, then i have james who is 30years next week he has just started another relationship after being with his last girl for about 7 years. then comes jayne she is 26 years old her and her partner kim ham a super son kristopher who is 4 years old. alan and i moved from our family 4 bedroom house to a little 2 bedroom semi about 4 years ago as all the children had gone it seemed pointless have all those space rooms.

Thanks

Hi Carol,
    Welcome to the forum. You will like it here. There are a lot of good folks that come here. I have SLE and I really like the people that come here a lot. They are very knowledgeable and will be able to answer all of your questions. Marycain and Saysusie are very sweet. They will be on later on today. Oh and StJames is pretty cool too.

Hugs,
    Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn

Thanks

Default Hi, Carol

And welcome. There are several people from England here on the forum, so I hope you will feel right at home. Several folks go to the Lupus Clinic in London - it's been so many years since I was in England, I don't remember much of the geography, but isn't Essex fairly close to East London? Does the damp weather affect your lupus? It seemed like the last time I was in London it rained every day and no one paid any attention to it. Never a hard rain, more like a mist, and every woman I met had a gorgeous complexion - I thought then the climate must be really good for the skin, but I expect it might also be hard on the joints.

Very glad you are here, and look forward to hearing your experiences!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Carol;
    It appears that you and I may be around the same age
    We are happy that you have found us. I hope that you join us often and I know that you will find the kindest, most supportive and understanding people here!

Once Again....Welcome
    Saysusie