Thread: Happiness in a Storm - a great book

Thanks

Default Happiness in a Storm - a great book

Hi Everyone
    I just wanted to share about a book I read recently called "Happiness in a Storm" by Wendy Schessel Harpham. Wendy is a survivor of a chronic form of lymphoma and has written about embracing life through illness. I kind of like that it wasn't about Lupus per se. She is an MD also and just has an amazing outlook. I was so impressed that I am thinking about asking the hospital to sponsor having her come up to Ottawa to give a seminar. ANyhow, its avail on amazon.com new and used. It just came out in sept so not sure about the library but if you ever run across it - it is definitely worth the read.....the coping strategies mentioned are almost all transferable to all chronic illnesses.
    Karen
    PS - I just rearranged the furniture in my bedroom and livingroom and I tell you it is quite a good pick me up! Its inexpensive too. But good to get a new "perspective" in dark november (it gets dark at 4:30est in Ottawa now)..

Thanks

Thanks, I'll try to find it at our local library.

Thanks

I can't seem to get on the board very often - MY time problem, not anything wrong with the connection...sigh... but every time I DO have time to visit I learn something new.

Thanks so much for this book reference - I need a good winter read! While its not quite as dark here as where you are, kkelly, the sun sets awfully early.....