Thread: Dragging a piano around...

Thanks

Default Dragging a piano around...

I'm so sick of feeling tired. I'm a mom of two and there's just so much to do it's so darn frustrating. I live in San Francisco so I'm always driving around the city doing this and that. I'd also love to have a sex drive, that went away months ago and I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

Thanks

I've never heard lupus fatigue described that way before, but it sure sums it up! I have four boys, ranging from 6 1/2 to almost 11, but we live in a very rural area. Probably a good thing - I can't imagine the mischief my four could get into in a big city like San Francisco - probably skateboarding down the streets or something. I understand the running around part - I thought it would get easier when all four were in school, but it seems like the older they are, the more activities they want to be involved in.

There are several people on the forum from California, including our wonderful moderator Saysusie - I'm sure some of them will be along soon to welcome you.

Thanks

Default Alternative Medicine/Remission

I wanted to get off my meds almost 8 years ago when I was planning on having a baby. I had heard from two other lupies about an acupuncturist/botanist who had helped them get off their meds. I went to see him and after two months I was off my meds and one month later I got pregnant. My theory is to take care of body, mind and spirit. I haven't been on meds since and I still go to acupuncture, eat vegan (I found out that red meat makes ME flare), and do stretching and other forms of yoga type things. I have feet problems so many exercises are just not possible for me. People seem to get upset when I tell my story, but it's MY story and I feel holistic medicine in combination w/western can be a huge help. Many health care providers even have holistic care in their plans, like Blue Cross, you just need to ask them and take advantage of it. Remember, sugar is horrible for your system it makes it weak, yet many people still eat it because they say they've gone through so much that they don't want to give up certain foods. I'm boggled sometimes.

Thanks

I've been a vegetarian since childhood because my mom was seventh day adventist -and vegan since college-- it never seemed to make any difference as far as joint pain or the severity of my lupus or scleroderma. I am a firm believer in complementary therapies - fortunately, my rheumatologist is too - he uses accupuncture in his practice, and recommends vitamin and herbal therapies when he thinks they are appropriate. I'm glad you were able to get off your med. unfortunately, it's not possible for many people.