Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pain with rainy or cold weather

Thanks

Default pain with rainy or cold weather

Does anyone here experience this? I posted something about this a while ago and for the life of me, I can't seem to find it. I live in FL where the summers are very rainy....I hurt almost everyday during that time....And when it cools off (like it's doing now just a bit) I hurt also. Am I crazy? Does anyone have like 'mini flares' or joint pain during the times when the weather is anything other than sunny and bright? HELP!!
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.

Thanks

Yes, I can definitely feel weather changes in my joints - I think this is pretty common in arthritis in general, not just lupus. I always feel more painful and stiff during cold or rainy weather and usually have to take extra pain meds. I'm not sure if there's any solution to this problem short of moving to a desert area.

Thanks

Hi Tydene,

Yes! I can totally relate - Im in CA and when the weather begins to change, i feel it. I have to stay completely bundled at night or I will wake up from the joint pain.

If it is super hot and humid out - I will swell like the little girl who turned into a blueberry in Willy Wonka.

Most the time CA provides a well balanced climate, but then other times, Im reduced to a mini flare where I have to stay in bed for a few days.

Good luck to you!

Chal
    Chal

Thanks

I totally relate. Cold and rainy weather and I do not get along. My husband and I keep talking about in the future moving to arizona where there is less humidity and it doesn't get so cold!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Ok, I understand weather changes and joint pain...but what are the physiological reasons for my leg (with the rod in it) to hurt so horribly in cold weather? The rod itself cannot be getting cold, as it is deep inside my bone and I would imagine stays warm. Any ideas?

Thanks

My primary care doc says there is no relation between weather and arthritis and it's an old wives' tale. Of course, when he gets older and has arthritis, his feelings may change. My gynecologist, who is an osteopathic physician, says the problems are more related to changes in barometric pressure than just cold or damp. According to her, both the synovial membrane that lines the joints and the periosteal membrane that covers the bones are very sensitive to changes in barometric pressure. If the membranes are damaged by arthritis or a fracture, changes in the barometric pressure can affect the amount of fluid in the membranes and cause pain. I have no idea if this is true but it sounds better than my primary care docs' explanation!

Thanks

Default Pain in rainy or cold weather

You want to live in Uk :cry:
    Its always cold and wet but very hot is just as painful, when we occasionally have a heat wave.
    we cannot win
    Val

Thanks

No thanks - The UK is beautiful to visit but I don't think I have ever been anywhere in England when it wasn't raining or misty - great for the complexion but hard on the joints. And with the exchange rates the way they are, it is so expensive to even visit any more.

Thanks

Default Rainy

Oh well, I will have to wave across the pond LOL
    Val

Thanks

I'll tell you my tornado story

My knee was KILLING me one afternoon and early evening. It had never hurt that bad before! I went to bed without watching the news or weather. Then a couple hours later, TWO TORNADOES hit in my town!

Yup, I'm a believer