Thread: Terrible Medicare/Medicaid changes - please help fight!

Thanks

Default Terrible Medicare/Medicaid changes - please help fight!

On Nov. 15, new Medicare/Medicaid regulations go into effect that will severely restrict elderly and disabled people's access to power technologies like power wheelchairs, power scooters, wheelchair lifts and other assistive devices that many elderly and disabled people need to live independently! And because most private insurance companies follow Medicare / Medicaid guidelines, these changes will soon affect people with major medical insurance too.

Under these new, draconian regulations, many people with conditions like MS, arthritis, lupus, spinal injuries, even paralyzed veterans will not qualify for power wheelchairs and other medical equipment. Even people who do qualify will have to pay a lot more out-of pocket, instead of the 20% they currently pay. And because Medicare and Medicaid are drastically cutting the anount they will reimburse the supplier, many home health suppliers will stop carrying wheelchairs and other equipment, making it even harder! My dad is in his 80s and uses a power wheelchair - so for many of us, this issue affects our parents too!

This is a terrible situation for anyone with a progressive disease who may need a power wheelchair or some other expensive piece of medical equipment. So, please, if you know anyone in your state government, like your local congressman, take a minute to get involved and call or e-mail to protest these changes. You can find contact information for your federal and state representatives at www.congress.org or send an e-mail to the President at comments@whitehouse.gov

Unless people speak up, the government doesn't listen. And sooner or later these rules will affect you or someone you know, so please make your voice heard!

Thanks

Default And Vote Tuesday

Please support stem cell initiatives, and candidates who do -- it could make a real difference in the treatment of Lupus!

Thanks!

Thanks

8) LET"S pray that the NEW INCOMING people we choose to represent US will remember they were out in ther to HELP us NOT to pad there pockets.

Personally I do believe that once we get all the new people in place after the ELECTION and in 2 years once we get a DEMOCRAT in there ...ALOT will change.

ALl we can do IS VOTE and all you wome remeber that the REPUBLICANS are after your own PERSONAL WOMENS rights AGAIN !!!!!

PLEASE everyone vote as the way this country is seen in the world and mainly by us the citizens of the USA have the chance to change it for the better.....but if we don't vote it will remain the same.

WE need a MAJOR change....and this group of REPUBLICANS that are inther do NOT have your best intrest at hand.

They give themselves 3 pay raises yet they cut our pittifull payments to stay alive>???????

ALLWE CAN DO IS VOTE and contact our SENATORS and STATE REPS.

THEN WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE A DIFERENCE BUT FIRST WE MUST VOTE !!!!!!

AND DO NOT VOTE BECAUSE YOU VOTED A CERTAIN PARTY LINES FOR YEARS>>>>
    VOTE FOR WHAT THE CANDIDATE STAND FOR AND IF HE OR SHE FORGETS THE PROMISES THEY MADE WRITE TO THEM AND REMIND THEM THAT THEY TOO CAN BE FIRED!!!!!!

STJAMES :evil: :twisted: 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Default Rah Rah

Agreed! There as so many reasons change is necessary, on the basis of the civil liberties violations alone -- not to mention all the other areas in which the last 6 years have be disasterous.

Staying true to this board's subject matter though and sticking to the health issues though, I have to say, that having contributed strongly to the economy all of my life, I expect to have some benefit from from the safety net I've been paying into. As we all deserve to.

The amount of money that has been squandered or pushed back into the higher income brackets so far makes that more and more unlikely, and the situation will only get worse if change doesn't happen soon.

I feel uniquely qualified to say this, because I am thinking in the best interest of all, not just myself. I even used to work (in business) for one of Dub's close cousins -- boy talk about a case of "He has his executive job because of one of Daddy's connections." My family all work in the energy field and while I have always funtioned without any handouts. No car at 16 or help with down-payments on a house or when I was laid off for a long time.

My taxes would go up and my inheritance down if there is change -- but I'm ok with that if it makes the nation more stable long term. EG -- lower the debt, balance the budget, stop pissing people around the world off, competitively bid government contracts and spend what money we do have on important issues like healthcare!

Anyhow,

Thanks

I agree with St. James when he says vote people not parties. I think if we can get some decent people in Washington then the rest will take care of itself. We need the good ole boys out and some new honest people in!

Thanks

Default Absolutely Agree - People vs. Parties

Where are the Jimmy Stewarts (e.g. Mr. Smiths) of the the world when you need them.

But be careful to make sure you really research the candidates and get beyond the spin...